breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
JPB

Re: breakdown truck

#2451 Post by JPB » Tue May 30, 2017 7:23 am

rich. wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 6:18 am
...is it me or is this a starion?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/chrysler-conq ... 3641.l6368
It certainly looks very similar. I'm guessing that you were looking for a breakdown truck and stumbled across the car because of the seller's lovely feedback comments for the breakdown truck that he sold, or is this pure coincidence?

Bad luck? or is he this chap:

Oh, and before I forget or become distracted by a shiny thing, here's a really lovely old van from that France:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PUGEOT-D4B-PI ... SwAPVZKqkG

Pignose eh? Poor thing surely doesn't deserve that name, it's even prettier than the average guffy IMHO. I will admit to having found Miss Piggy from the Muppets quite foxy when I was younger. :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#2452 Post by rich. » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:06 am

this was my old car.. i regret selling it :cry: :cry: :cry:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-SD1-VIT ... 8#viTabs_0

JPB

#2453 Post by JPB » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:10 am

The trader, who probably votes for eBay in elections judging by his frankly unrealistic Ts & Cs based on a lack of understanding of how DOC insurance works, wrote:This car has been loved and cherished for many years and possibly from new

But Rich, I thought you owned it? ;)
:scared:

Nice SD1 though, probably, and should be very relaxing thanks to that higher gearing as a result of the unfinished auto-manual conversion but many folk, me among them, never buy anything from eBay if the description takes up more than 150% of the area of the images. Plus dyslectic people will really toil to make sense of the words as sadly, eBay's "The Doctor" template appears to have been the inspiration for the layout.
You should buy it back mate, buy it back, fit the correct speedo sender to take into account the mix & match diff/gearbox combo and then work 100 hour weeks to keep the thing in fuel.
:lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#2454 Post by rich. » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:26 pm

JPB wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:10 am
The trader, who probably votes for eBay in elections judging by his frankly unrealistic Ts & Cs based on a lack of understanding of how DOC insurance works, wrote:This car has been loved and cherished for many years and possibly from new

But Rich, I thought you owned it? ;)
:scared:

You should buy it back mate, buy it back, fit the correct speedo sender to take into account the mix & match diff/gearbox combo and then work 100 hour weeks to keep the thing in fuel.
:lol:
cheeky monkey! although you are probably correct, :oops: as i was young & stupid with an addiction to the loud pedal.. i used it for work sometimes...it was so much more reliable & fun than our crappy maestro van..i spent a week on the welsh coast, working on a holiday cottage the trip down was calm the trip back was shall we say a lot quicker... lots of empty motorway & dual carriageway. i did explore its full potential ;) i wish i could buy it back, but i would have to sell the kids to feed it.. :idea:

rich.

#2456 Post by rich. » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:23 pm

spotted this.. doesn't it belong to a member?
https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/11463 ... tm?ca=12_s

JPB

#2457 Post by JPB » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Yes, it's Paul's car, or one of them as he also acquired one of those newfangled front wheel drive Volvos. I think, but the man himself could come along and confirm that he is indeed the person responsible for putting an old friend up for rehoming. In my mind, this is akin to selling a great big soppy old horse that's never been seriously ill and can still pull a cart. ;)
The asking price is far less than the usual cost of a solid, usable 240 wagon in the UK and much of the car's history is to be found in a thread on this very forum, making it a good buy for some lucky soul.

Good luck with it, Paul. :thumbs:

Edited: Yep, here's the car's own thread in the forum: http://www.practically-classics.co.uk/f ... ?f=12&t=82
J

rich.

#2458 Post by rich. » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:22 pm

thought so.. he has been very quiet lately.. was it something i said? :oops:

JPB

#2460 Post by JPB » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:26 am

The Sunny was "sold" :roll: but has been relisted here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Sunny- ... 2544916267

That Capri is a marvelous way to give your more distant neighbours - or those who are slightly short of sight - the impression that you've bought an Aston Martin.
Aye right! :lol:

Liking the wedge, certainly looks very decent, no idea whether it was the one associated with the famous wearer of the official Practical Classics shorts - because I'm still behind with my reading and have just finished last October's edition of the mag :oops: - but if it is that car, its famous owner status must add at least an extra seven pounds to its value, this on a scale where being owned by a royal would have added three pounds seventy six pence, and being owned by Anna Friel would have added nine pounds, but only if she'd left a tab butt with her lipstick on it in the car's ashtray, minus some pennies for any signs of yellowing to the roof cloth of course.
J