breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Dick

Re: breakdown truck

#2971 Post by Dick » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:52 pm

So you chaps don't like the car itself or that model in particular? Tempting as your antique shovel collection is john, i already have a McLaren racing shovel and several other's for everyday use.. when I get really carried away i even get my digger out to play.. its just something about those slk Mercedes that pleases me.. :oops: :oops: :scared:

JPB

#2972 Post by JPB » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:35 pm

Yes, they can please me but I'd want it cheaper, much cheaper, when there's some unspecified fault(s) with it. Clean, fully working ones usually go through the auctions at well under a thousand unless they're exceptionally good with full MB history and even at that, you wouldn't need to dig too deeply..

This low mileage one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-MERCEDE ... Swg~JedKQH - would be a better bet as a project IMHO, if only because the parts damaged by the aggrieved party in its road rage related meeting with a nasty weapon of some sort - HPI doesn't say whether it was an axe, a fencer's mell or a combination of both :lol: - are available from breakers in their thousands and since most of these were that colour, it could be put right with only a small amount of actual panel work, easily achievable on a DIY basis.

Or you could buy a really clean, albeit high mileage (wouldn't bother most buyers of a cared for, twenty year old Benz..) one without the envy stripes :roll: for not much more: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-Mercede ... SwH-9ejpE2

Several silver ones are being broken for parts just now, so if you do fancy the one you posted, Rich, then find out why a garage owner couldn't be arsed fixing it for sale. Or buy a yellow one, they're apparently in fashion just now but that's not necessarily a view that I share and all of the local ones are silver! :?

GHT, I have only one thing to say about that decorated stick. In the words of Alan J Lerner, of "My Fair Lady" lyric writing fame:
Someone's head restin' on my knee
Warm and tender as he can be
Who takes good care of me
Oh, wooden tits be loverly..
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#2973 Post by Dick » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:43 pm

Oh i like those john! But now i want a yellow one just so i can fit some jcb badges... i still have a hankering for an mx5 but all the ones i like (cheap) come directly from fred Flintstone...

GHT

#2974 Post by GHT » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:10 pm

JPB wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:35 pm
GHT, I have only one thing to say about that decorated stick. In the words of Alan J Lerner, of "My Fair Lady" lyric writing fame:
Someone's head restin' on my knee
Warm and tender as he can be
Who takes good care of me
Oh, wooden tits be loverly..
Someone posted a picture poking fun at all of the mask wearers. My guess is that the woman didn't do it. Being the old cynic that I am, I immediately noticed which cup is over the guy's face. He's definitely a right tit.
right tit.jpg
right tit.jpg (35.73 KiB) Viewed 2378 times

Dick

#2975 Post by Dick » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:41 pm

Waiting for details on the bent merc and a reply on the one i posted earlier... ght look up d cup mask...
:shock:

JPB

#2976 Post by JPB » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:45 pm

:? What sort of creature is that oddly proportioned brassiere intended to fit? Sure & any human cisgender female's breasts are pretty much right beside each other, so there's clearly a rabbit off somewhere, or that's meant to wrap twice around before fastening at the front. Hmm, even Houdini wouldn't have managed to prise that from its rightful owner undetected..
:scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#2977 Post by Dick » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:35 pm

Dick

#2978 Post by Dick » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:14 am

JPB

#2979 Post by JPB » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:59 pm

:drool: :drool: :drool:
Gotta love a shiny red 340 Variomatic. Sadly, the rather fine silver one that I grabbed for a mere £50 and the cost of a one way bus ticket to Milton Keynes to pick it up, back in 2009 - how time flies eh - came to a sad end when it was dented rather noticeably by a falling chimney following its being passed along to a mate who parked it at the side of a house.. Any other smallish car may have been much more badly damaged, but F163JGT was made of sterner stuff and was still recognisable as a car after the masonry-related impact from above.

That was the car which was once, apparently, issued with its MOT certificate by a music teacher rather than a motor engineer, if you look F163JGT up on the MOT test history site, check out the comment that brought me to this conclusion on the test issued on June the seventh, 2007.. https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
:mrgreen:

Bathgate's not that far from my place but on checking the list of reasons we can legally offer to a police officer when they ask why we're further from home than we need to be for collecting a prescription or attending a medical appointment, I couldn't find "off to buy yet another car that I really don't need, but "Dick" made me do it and I'm off to pick it up before it ends up in the hands of someone who wants to weld its diff and go drifting in the poor old thing!"
At least I could make the trip in a vehicle in which a rear passenger would be guaranteed to be able to sit well over 2 Metres from me on the way. Also gotta love a seventeen foot long forward control van with a seat just inside the back door..
;)
J

Dick

#2980 Post by Dick » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:39 am

Go on you know you want to.... :scared:
Meanwhile i fancy this
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... archad=New
Do an mot check and spot the minor problem..