breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Dick

Re: breakdown truck

#3391 Post by Dick » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:32 pm

GHT

#3392 Post by GHT » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:15 pm

A saloon version of Noddy's car, parked under a line of robots. What's that car tucked away in the left hand corner?

Dick

#3393 Post by Dick » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:22 pm

GHT wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:15 pm
A saloon version of Noddy's car, parked under a line of robots. What's that car tucked away in the left hand corner?
Fabulous prizes to be won![
A selection of random wheel trims that can be found in any ditch!!
Meanwhile, john get your wallet out ..
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-BENZ- ... 10a775e3e7

Dick

#3394 Post by Dick » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:49 pm

Ive found something to replace my galaxy!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-Pul ... SwZfBfVqVo

GHT

#3395 Post by GHT » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:09 am

Dick wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:49 pm
Not very imaginative is it? How big is your garage?
stretched.jpg
stretched.jpg (35.54 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

Dick

#3396 Post by Dick » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:25 am

GHT wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:09 am
Dick wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:49 pm
Not very imaginative is it? How big is your garage?
stretched.jpg
No thanks, i like the African dictator history...it suits my future plans :lol:

JPB

#3397 Post by JPB » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:41 am

GHT wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:15 pm
Is that another Topolino, but older than the red one with the Simca badging? Liking the robots, the sharp edges on the thin steel and the lead content in the paint of typical examples render them unsuitable for the modern child I should think. Mine, bought for me in 1969 by a grandparent, has doors in their chest and red, flashing things - that resemble late '50s Cadillac tail lamps - hidden behind the doors.
Best thing on the faceache page is, in my opinion, the big black armchair going free to a good home. It's just in Galashiels and I'd be tempted to pop by if it's still there after the remaining six weeks of lockdown. I've already asked a fb victim to ask for info.
I can just see that in the good room, all shiny and recoloured to match the settee. :oops:

Oh bugger! Sorry folks, another duplicate post. I'm sure I only sent that the once. :roll:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#3398 Post by GHT » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:33 am

JPB wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:41 am
Oh bugger! Sorry folks, another duplicate post. I'm sure I only sent that the once. :roll:
You're probably infected with the NILE virus:
The new NILE Virus (Type C) ----- I thought you would want to know about this, the most advanced computer programs from Norton, McAfee and others cannot take care of this one. It appears to target those of a certain age.
Virus Symptoms
1. Causes you to send the same e-mail twice.
2. Causes you to send an email that offends some people.
3. Causes you to send an e-mail to the wrong person.
4. Causes you to send it back to the person who sent it to you.
5. Causes you to forget to attach the attachment.
6. Causes you to hit SEND before you've finished.
7. Causes you to hit DELETE instead of SEND.
8. Causes you to hit SEND when you should DELETE
9. Causes you to Let ‘Spell Check’ cause you a lot of email faux pas.
10. Causes constant butt dials due to uncontrolled farts.
This virus is called the C-NILE virus!
A lot of us have already been inflicted with this disease and unfortunately, as we age, it gets worse.
And if you can't admit to doing any of the above, you've obviously caught the other strain - the D-NILE virus.
Doctors say that lots of naps and a daily dose of Dr. Jack Daniels liquid medicine might help.

JPB

#3399 Post by JPB » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: × 10⁸³

GHT, your post was most timely and is greatly appreciated. I had none of the foreign whisk(e :roll: )y recommended so used the same basic procedure, but with a good old shot or five of my preferred, Cuban sourced dark brown liquid - Havana Club. The seven year old though, because it cures a sore throat and my GP, when "docsplaining" the words "long," "cov1d", "exacerbation" and "home oxygen supply." said that dark sipping rum might be applied by the thimbleful, orally and before bedtime.

That day, I had become trapped under a case full of papers relating to business stuff.. Yawn! So the words came at exactly the right time.
:thumbs: :thumbs: 🖖👌👋👍👍Oh, here's a picture of a tooth that resembles the hindquarters of a very solidly constructed human being: 🦷

🤐
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#3400 Post by GHT » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:16 pm

i know what a tooth looks like, after boasting that I have required no dentistry in 50 years, thanks in main to fluoride, abstinence of sugar in hot drinks and quitting the tobacco weed whilst still in my early 20's, I can no longer hold to that boast. Two weeks ago I had to have a wisdom tooth extracted. It's still sore from the bruising.