breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
JPB

Re: breakdown truck

#2741 Post by JPB » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:13 am

Kazuki's mad creator wrote:TRY FINED ANOTHER ONE
Fined? Never mind the fine, they should be shot at dawn for that! Is the shell actually attached to the chassis? My goodness what a total pile.
:lol:

Nice looking Maxi though, a flat parcel shelf is always a sign that they haven't been too badly overloaded and that one has only been on the road since 2016 since being put away before the MOT service went online in 2005. It's sitting a little low, but better that than the usual eBay Maxi (and Allegro, Metro, MGF, Princess) trick where the fluid pressure has been overdone to compensate for a lack of Nitrogen that really needs some Schrader valves to be tapped into the bell ends of the suspension displacers in order to prevent catastrophic diaphragm rupture, a phenomenon that used to affect Maxis under warranty so goodness knows how one that's been in storage that long will respond to the "Dalek". Still a fine looking old thing though. Nice find.
:thumbs:

And hang about, is it? Can it possibly be? Oh my days, it is! It's an actual breakdown truck! That's a fantastically eccentric old Citroen, when are you going to buy it?
:scared:

GHT: I thought that I'd seen most of the things that human beings can do to their minis, possibly I have, but now sure & I've seen every possible variation on the theme of mini. Apart from MINI, which is a modern device that doesn't fit long people.
Sir Alec, may he continue to rest in peace, had it pretty much right in 1959.
:mrgreen:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

JPB

#2745 Post by JPB » Thu May 24, 2018 8:03 pm

Hmm, something's not quite normal about the 306 but I can't quite see what it is..
:idea: Got it! The number plates have an illegal font.
:lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#2747 Post by rich. » Thu May 31, 2018 5:36 am

rich.

#2748 Post by rich. » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:07 am

another breakdown truck and its in my budget :lol:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Barn-Find-Ra ... rmvSB=true

GHT

#2749 Post by GHT » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:00 am

rich. wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:07 am
another breakdown truck and its in my budget :lol:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Barn-Find-Ra ... rmvSB=true
Don't bother, it hasn't got one of those clever, complicated cranes that you need for retrieving difficult breakdowns.
breakdow.jpeg
breakdow.jpeg (78.19 KiB) Viewed 2027 times

rich.

#2750 Post by rich. » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:12 am