breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Dick

Re: breakdown truck

#3291 Post by Dick » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:50 pm

JPB wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:14 pm
Rich / Dick wrote:good landrover is about half as good as a broken hilux ;)
:scared:
:lol: Sadly, that's most likely true, especially if the number of callers about my spare HiAce 4x4 - being flogged on as I just wanted the roof, the shower cubicle and the towbar (for Yoda) - is any guide.
I wouldn't object but for the fact that most callers want only the chassis, then start moaning on when they're told that they, not I, have to remove the spare van's shell and dispose of any parts they don't want. The twunts! :evil:
When I was selling my mr2, a mechanic/garage owner turned up to view and he was disappointed to see it was a t top... i asked did he actually read the advert or look at the photos id posted in the advert.. he then made a stupid offer and i replied no thanks ill scrap the car and sent him away... i was just about polite...only just.... :evil:

GHT

#3292 Post by GHT » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:43 pm

Dick wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:50 pm
When I was selling my mr2, a mechanic/garage owner turned up to view and he was disappointed to see it was a t top... i asked did he actually read the advert or look at the photos id posted in the advert.. he then made a stupid offer and i replied no thanks ill scrap the car and sent him away... i was just about polite...only just.... :evil:
I did much the same when I sold my last house. Our move meant relocating, so we rented a place. That gave us time to search for a house that we liked and it gave our selling agent time to find a buyer. The first seriously interested couple wanted this, that and a discount. Then they tried an old trick, threatening to pull out just before contracts were signed knowing that I had spent hundreds of pounds with my conveyancing solicitor. I told our agent enough, let them go and they did. I also told the agent to slap an extra five grand on the asking price. Within a week another couple came along, same scenario, I wouldn't budge, you like the house, you know the price, buy it or go away. in the end they bought it and so determined were they to knock the price down that I let them have five hundred quid off. Big deal!
John description of twunts fits the bill perfectly.
The TV reality shows have a lot to answer for. Don't those "twunts" ever realise that it's all contrived, scripted even?

Dick

#3293 Post by Dick » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:56 am

GHT wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:43 pm
Dick wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:50 pm
I did much the same when I sold my last house. Our move meant relocating, so we rented a place. That gave us time to search for a house that we liked and it gave our selling agent time to find a buyer. The first seriously interested couple wanted this, that and a discount. Then they tried an old trick, threatening to pull out just before contracts were signed knowing that I had spent hundreds of pounds with my conveyancing solicitor. I told our agent enough, let them go and they did. I also told the agent to slap an extra five grand on the asking price. Within a week another couple came along, same scenario, I wouldn't budge, you like the house, you know the price, buy it or go away. in the end they bought it and so determined were they to knock the price down that I let them have five hundred quid off. Big deal!
John description of twunts fits the bill perfectly.
The TV reality shows have a lot to answer for. Don't those "twunts" ever realise that it's all contrived, scripted even?
Ii do wonder what breeds of stupidity have been released from captivity.. When I sold my last house the chap made a stupid offer and i wasn't best pleased.. i told the estate agent tell him not to bother ill burn the place down for that price...he made a more acceptable offer..

Dick

#3294 Post by Dick » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:32 pm

JPB

#3295 Post by JPB » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:53 pm

J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#3296 Post by GHT » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:15 pm

I saw it first!

Dick

#3297 Post by Dick » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:24 pm

GHT wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:15 pm
I saw it first!
Who's going to be towing it home then chaps?

Dick

#3298 Post by Dick » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:13 pm

JPB

#3299 Post by JPB » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:36 am

Wow! The first fb link - ever ;) - that doesn't want to make me open a user account! And educational too, now I'll be able to buy a bumper car in France, if the need arises. :mrgreen:
Seriously though; where's the rest of it?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#3300 Post by GHT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:47 pm

That dodgem car, restored, is the perfect vehicle to drive in France. I'm sure that Dick will confirm that driving in France is an exciting exercise. They only have two speeds. Stop and flat out!