breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
JPB

Re: breakdown truck

#2491 Post by JPB » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Phwoooaaarrggh! (sp?) :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

That'll polish up a treat, as it stands it's far better looking than the majority of farmers' vehicles around these parts. :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#2492 Post by rich. » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:34 am

JPB

#2495 Post by JPB » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:40 am

Captain Optimist, on the R12 4x4, wrote:Echangerais contre Ford street ka , Ford Cosworth..
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Do the lottery, you've a far greater chance of winning that than you have of finding someone who'd put anything Cosworth-related into a trade against the 12. I love the pickup, but it's worth about 72p, isn't it?
;)

I'm liking the Lotus, but its shocking build quality shows in the way that the wishbones are much longer on the right than they are on the left, which bothers the obsessive in me.

Yes, I know it's built that way to cope with the American idea of racing, which involves every bend on the circuit going in the same direction, but it's still wrong! :|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

megadethmaniac

#2496 Post by megadethmaniac » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:57 pm

yep bad repair job mismatching wishbones like that will effect the handling...

GHT

#2497 Post by GHT » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:05 pm

The title of this thread is Breakdown Truck, I think you are going to need it. Oh boy is this going to ruffle feathers.
Readers of Car Buyer voted for what they thought, the worst cars in the world.
And at number one? Hahahahahahahahahah! Love it, love it, love it. (The result, not the car.)

JPB

#2498 Post by JPB » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 am

Yeah, old news! There's a thread already in which such luminaries as that trendsetting young blade, Worthington Y Cruntpiece have commented on this very thing. I would love to own a Pontiac Aztec though, and disagree wholeheartedly with anyone who says that it's the worst car in the world.
The worst ever car was NG13VJN, it didn't see a whole week in the first 2 years and 40,000ish miles of its miserable life without at least one call to the UK customer helpline. Ba5tard awful sack of crud it was and I finished up hating it, whereas the Allegro is at least pretty much reliable and cheap to fix when it does need medication.

I'm now reminded of that day when I threw the Canadian kid off the witches hat at the local swings. We were all around seven or eight and he expected to stand on the deck while everyone else ran around to get the device up to speed before jumping aboard, so he was asking for it. Sadly, that web page about the world's "worst" cars doesn't have its own lazy foreign kid who could be jettisoned in a similar way, to similar effect.

And for anyone who's either too old or not old enough to remember the witches hat, here's a web image showing a very tidy example in its natural environment:

Breakdown truck that for a lark! :|
J

rich.

#2499 Post by rich. » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:22 pm