breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Dick

Re: breakdown truck

#3691 Post by Dick » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:26 am

Thanks mate for the info..
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... tory_share
Anyone fancy this

Dick

#3692 Post by Dick » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:14 am

Dick

#3693 Post by Dick » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:35 pm

JPB

#3695 Post by JPB » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:03 am

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Rich has won the Internet! :D :D :D :D

Two, not just the one mind, but TWO Tagoras. Oh my days! Then the Century; most desirable of the entire Toyota range from the era and the only Toyota to have that unbelievably sweet 5 litre V12 and, at €15000, she's cheaper than either of the examples currently available in the UK, so much so that a trip to that France would be justifiable for any potential buyer. It's a massive black Toyota, that odometer reading is a piffling distance compared to the usual lifespan of the model.
I test drove an already UK registered one of these behemoths before opting to import the Crown, it was, put simply, a car that I could have chosen, but then the ultra low mileage Crown was a third of the price, including the shipping, UK registration and delivery to my door. And a good straight six is a pretty sweet thing too, but ultimately, common sense was what made me decide not to buy the big V12 beastie. 50+mpg - because hybrid (Crown) - or 12mpg downhill with a tailwind (Century). I may import a fresh example of the larger car in the next few years, depending on whether the world is more settled by then but forget a Cadillac, or an older Silver Shadow, only a Jaguar XJ or Daimler Double Six comes close to the build quality and general pleasure of driving one that the huge Japanese living room on wheels can provide. Lovely, lovely thing. Rich, buy it now, you know you need it! :shock:

The big Nissan built thing looks good too, but of the pair, it has - for some strange reason :oops: - to be a big black Toyota for the win.

Equally strangely, the sight of a brace of Tagoras has me drooling a lot though. I drove one in the mid '80s and it was superb. Plus, I like the looks of the Tagora. Uh-oh, I imagine that people have been sent away to a special hospital for admitting that.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#3696 Post by Dick » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:47 pm

John wrote
Equally strangely, the sight of a brace of Tagoras has me drooling a lot though. I drove one in the mid '80s and it was superb. Plus, I like the looks of the Tagora. Uh-oh, I imagine that people have been sent away to a special hospital for admitting that.

It's OK mate you're among friends..
There is an amazing amount of shiny tat that I find attractive, maybe not a criminal offence but enough for the men in white coats to be knocking my door :oops:

Dick

#3697 Post by Dick » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:30 am

This came up on Facebook, I thought you might appreciate it
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 297869230/
:scared: