breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Dick

Re: breakdown truck

#3041 Post by Dick » Sat May 23, 2020 12:28 pm

JPB

#3042 Post by JPB » Sat May 23, 2020 3:09 pm

Mmm, loving the Mebea Ant and the big Nissan that looks like an FE shaped VX4-90 or later VX490, but is probably on a par with the more modern Toyota Celsior (Lexus LS 430 in the UK), but Car Warehouse? No! :evil:

As for the R5 camper, it's reminiscent of the shape of my favourite "Vans", the ultra comfy green suede pair that are my daily choice of boots and even better than the good old Converses, which are shaped more like a Toyota Grand Ace. But Hi-Tops are made that shape to fit feet, what's Renault's excuse? Still, you like it and that's fine.
GHT, please send your special eye bleach recipe to Rich, looks like he needs some. ;)
:sick:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#3043 Post by GHT » Sat May 23, 2020 3:19 pm

JPB wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:09 pm
As for the R5 camper, it's reminiscent of the shape of my favourite "Vans", the ultra comfy green suede pair that are my daily choice of boots and even better than the good old Converses, which are shaped more like a Toyota Grand Ace. But Hi-Tops are made that shape to fit feet, what's Renault's excuse? Still, you like it and that's fine.
GHT, please send your special eye bleach recipe to Rich, looks like he needs some. ;)
:sick:
eyebleach.png
eyebleach.png (73.09 KiB) Viewed 5325 times

JPB

#3044 Post by JPB » Sat May 23, 2020 5:30 pm

:thumbs: :mrgreen:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#3045 Post by Dick » Sat May 23, 2020 7:05 pm

I don't know what you mean.. ive bought it and im planning on a camping trip to ghts house where the micra owners club will hold regular meetings followed by the allegro owners wife swapping dinner dance.. ;)

JPB

#3046 Post by JPB » Sat May 23, 2020 8:59 pm

Dick wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:05 pm
..the allegro owners wife swapping dinner dance.. ;)
:idea: Ah, so that's why people like the Allegro! And there was I thinking that the performance of a 1750SS and the choice between stunning colours such as Harvest Gold Beige, Antique Gold Beige, Mirage Grey Beige and not forgetting the all time best, Tahiti Blue Beige, were the reasons for the 'Leggy's ever growing popularity.
Seriously though, I'm all for a weird looking motor vehicle but that R5-based device is neither particularly space efficient nor likely to share the regular Super Cinq's adequate handling and comfortable ride. What you need is a roofline that's less wedge-like and level with the horizon, then the shower wouldn't have to be situated right in the way of the rear door, the bed could be just as roomy and you could also have that dance in the camper as it could be big enough for every member of the Allegro Club to fit inside and would have a table big enough for the bowl into which their car keys would be placed prior to the start of the, erm, action.

I've found a suggestion for a small campervan that would, in my humble opinion, be even more compatible with your taste, Rich, and here it is:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOUBLE-DECKE ... Sw2~1cwz3Q
There, that's better. Lovely luxury house on the inside, disguised as a ratty looking old bus on the outside. What's not to like? That'll also be a darned sight more stable in high winds than the little Renault and take it from one who knows; anything with a fridge makes a superb shopping car because that lets you carry the beer home from the cash & carry, chilling as you drive.

I suggest that you cancel the transaction on the Renault and grab that Olympian instead. Proper campervan that is! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
J

GHT

#3047 Post by GHT » Sat May 23, 2020 9:23 pm

Dick wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:05 pm
I don't know what you mean.. ive bought it and im planning on a camping trip to ghts house where the micra owners club will hold regular meetings followed by the allegro owners wife swapping dinner dance.. ;)
Camping? Isn't that where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person?

JPB

#3048 Post by JPB » Sun May 24, 2020 5:06 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scania-82M-b ... SwcTNdojRX

:drool:

Ditch the breakdown gear, park a caravan on the back and away you go, living like a homeless person but doing it in a truck. :mrgreen:
J

Dick

#3049 Post by Dick » Sun May 24, 2020 8:11 pm

I drove scanias.. loved every minute...
This is on my shopping list today.. prizes for the first to identify the yellow car behind it..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-BEN ... 4290866130

JPB

#3050 Post by JPB » Sun May 24, 2020 10:18 pm

Dick wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:11 pm
..prizes for the first to identify the yellow car behind it..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-BEN ... 4290866130
Much as I'd like to have known just from the photo, the prize must go to the people who are selling the Benz, because it's another car from their stock, this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MASERATI-320 ... Swpp5ew9US and what a lovely thing it is, though I can't help but question whether the wheels need to be swapped for something looking slightly less like a set of plastic wheel trims. :|
J