Blogs

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
TerryG

Blogs

#1 Post by TerryG » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Something else that has gone walkies from the PC website is the blogs. Is that section due to return or have the budget cuts killed that off too?
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

Dave3066

Re: Blogs

#2 Post by Dave3066 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:06 pm

I thought about starting a blog last year but found that I didn't have time to compile notes on all the jobs I've done on the car. I keep a record with photos etc. Maybe when I've got a bit more time I'll sort something out. Then again.............. :roll:

Dave
1966 Rover P6 2000 SC - in daily use and running like a dream
1972 Rover P6 3500S currently undergoing surgery
1965 Rover P5 3 litre Coupe - long term project

bnicho

#3 Post by bnicho » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 am

I'm waiting to find this out too. I enjoyed blogging for the site, but I was never sure if anyone actually read them as I never received any feedback except from Neil.

I always have plenty to write about, the biggest issue I have is getting photos at the time. I get stuck into something and forget all about the camera.

Cheers,
Brett.
Brett Nicholson
1965 Morris Mini Traveller - Trixie
1966 Austin Mini Super-Deluxe - Audrey
1969 Morris Mini Van - Desert Assault Van
1971 Morris Moke - Mopoke
1974 VW Super Beetle - Olive
2009 Nissan Pathfinder

TerryG

#4 Post by TerryG » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:33 am

I always read them but don't remember ever leaving comments on any.
Reading about other people's restoration work usually encourages me to get on with my own.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

Greybags

#5 Post by Greybags » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Cant beat reading a blog about someone elses resto ... Helps you keep going on your own, and often will provide an answer to something you have been wondering about yourself for a couple of days ..

Please bring blogs back, especially the resto ones ...

Never know, I might even get around to writing about mine, I have hundreds of pictures, but dont always have the time to do all the words...

Grahame
Gilbern Invader Estate
At last, less bits on the floor, more bits on the car...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grahamej

Luxobarge

#6 Post by Luxobarge » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Not sure we can bring the old blogs back, but I also love reading the restoration project threads, so we've created a new section for pictures, stories etc. of your cars - hope that's OK and please do post your stuff up there!

Cheers :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by admin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:49 am

There is a way I can add a blog section to this website (separate from the forum but at the same URL). If there's enough interest i can set it up, but i will have to purchase another database from my web host for it to work. If there's enough interest, and people promise to join up and update it regularly i'll do it...

I won't be able to host the pictures on the site, as i'll go over the bandwidth allowance, but if you could hotlink the pictures from photobucket etc that would be fine. You'd have to make sure that the pics stay in the same location so we don't get the dreaded 'pic moved or deleted' screen.

Remember, this truly is YOUR forum, so keep the ideas coming in.

Cheers, Neil