iveco

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
JPB

Re: iveco

#171 Post by JPB » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:55 pm

TerryG wrote:..drift truck...
Now that's got to be the next big thing in motorsport. Oh wait, it's already a thing and YouTube has the evidence, watch from around 53 seconds onwards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1JAw6zIJCc

:shock:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

TerryG

#172 Post by TerryG » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:36 am

Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#173 Post by rich. » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:54 pm

i can do that with my transit.. :lol:

JPB

#174 Post by JPB » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:52 pm

I wouldn't dare do such an irresponsible thing in an old car :lol: , but must confess that my Various RWD Volvos were all immensely satisfying to drive sideways and they're very forgiving, so even a complete numpty can look like they were taught to drift by no less than *insert name of drifting champion at time of reading this post* him/herself..
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#175 Post by rich. » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:41 am

with a heavy heart i took transit for its ct (mot) fully expecting them to refuse to test her as she is still on english plates..... and she passed :D :D :D :D :D i am over the moon! i was more nervous about this than when wifey was in having the kids!
the chap did point out she needs 6 new tyres the seats are a bit sad a bulb was out & she is very very rusty.... but i am so pleased :lol:

TerryG

#176 Post by TerryG » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:08 am

rich. wrote:she needs 6 new tyres the seats are a bit sad a bulb was out & she is very very rusty
Just like every other transit then. Nothing to worry about ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#177 Post by JPB » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:10 am

You jammy b'sterd :P , I advise that you buy two lottery tickets tonight to capitalise on the theory that luck comes in clusters of three events. I take it that France has a lottery, other than the one which is clearly operating in testing stations?
:lol:
J

rich.

#178 Post by rich. » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:25 pm

i might take your advice there john ;) i did get stopped by les gendarmes this week first time i have ever done the breath test.. i passed although mr flic was a bit cross i gave him an old insurance document.. i did find the right one though :D

GHT

#179 Post by GHT » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:13 pm

rich. wrote:i might take your advice there john ;) i did get stopped by les gendarmes this week first time i have ever done the breath test.. i passed although mr flic was a bit cross i gave him an old insurance document.. i did find the right one though :D
I bet you are making that up. Truth is, when the French plod saw your clapped out rust bucket he thought you were taking it to the breakers yard. Thought to himself: "There might be a half decent battery in that."

rich.

#180 Post by rich. » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:17 pm

i was out in the galaxy.. battery is only 12 months old... as for my transit, last summer i got stopped for flashing my lights & waving at my mates mum..