Merry Christmas

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
hobby

Re: Merry Christmas

#11 Post by hobby » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:41 pm

Phil P

#12 Post by Phil P » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:54 pm

What a cracking picture. I'd be chuffed if that was mine. Get it....chuffed.....steam loco...oh please your selves!

Merry Christmas to everybody on the forum.
Don't forget Car SOS in the New Year. Sssh it's a secret.

Phil P

#13 Post by Phil P » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:59 pm

I don't believe it. What the bloody hell happened there? I clicked on large print and that happend. I didn't really want to wish anybody a Merry Christmas, I just didn't want to appear to be a grumpy old bugger!

Victor Meldrew, my hero.

TerryG

#14 Post by TerryG » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:16 pm

You clicked the size button 3 times. I could edit it but then your next post wouldn't make sense.
I have no Christmas decorations up, refuse to watch Christmas movies and have steak for dinner tomorrow.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

arceye

#15 Post by arceye » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Merry Christmas for the morn everyone..

I hope you all have everything you want.

Hope you all have a good one, it'll be spring soon and we can then get back on with the motors proper :D

but stop it with the trains already, as a trackside and structures worker for a good amount of years, along with lookout and handsignalling duties, I can still only really tell which is the front and which is the back. Though I did work with one lad who could announce class and alsorts as they came into view on the horizon, he was the same with buses, could tell you bus type, seating capacity etc while still a speck in the distance.... bloody anorak... anyway, I will admit to admiring a little too fondly railway structures like bridges, you can't beat a nice lattice girder bridge you know... but not trains, never trains

JPB

#16 Post by JPB » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:13 pm

Oh go on then.

Happy Chrimbo to all of you other soppy old gits and to Terry, who isn't old and to anyone else who read all the way to the end of this line.

As they say in the place of my conception, birth and first act of public love with an animal:
Lang may yer lum reek. Wi' some f**ker else's coal!
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

zipgun

#17 Post by zipgun » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:17 pm

I'm gunna be 52 :o in 45 minutes :( Happy xmas everyone else !

tractorman

#18 Post by tractorman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:55 pm

Happy birthday and many happy returns Zipgun. Hard lucktoo: only one lot of pressys! There again, I only have two pressys at Christmas and none for my birthday in July!

Merry Christmas folks: I hope to get further with the living room revamp (skirting boards to paint and light fittings need attention). Yep, I'm on Terry's side - no decorations and, please, will people stop sending me cards!!

arceye, I only have one photo of a loco on Flickr and, as it isn't highly detailed (though modified) and the photo isn't terribly great, I'll just say it is fifty years old and has suffered some abuse over the years! Mind you, it's doing well - though has had a new chassis (and motor), tender (different type) and the body has been "superdetailed". How about a few classic cars instead?

Grumpy Northener

#19 Post by Grumpy Northener » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:14 am

Best wishes all
I'm gunna be 52 :o in 45 minutes :(
Zipgun welcome to the 52 club you are in good company :D
I just didn't want to appear to be a grumpy old bugger!
Phil P - Grumpiness is my department and I don't recall inviting you in !!!!
1937 Jowett 8 - Project - in less pieces than the Jupiter
1943 Jowett Stationary Engine
1952 Jowett Jupiter - In lots of peices http://Jowett.org/
1952 Jowett Javelin - Largely original
1973 Rover P6 V8 - Original / 22,000 miles

hobby

#20 Post by hobby » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:24 am

arceye wrote:but stop it with the trains already, as a trackside and structures worker for a good amount of years, along with lookout and handsignalling duties, I can still only really tell which is the front and which is the back.
At least i took it from the right angle for you... ;)

and that's the front btw :mrgreen: