pc

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
admin
Site Admin

Re: pc

#11 Post by admin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:11 pm

TerryG wrote:Someone needs to tell the bauer webmaster to change this:
"Missing the PC forum?
The old PC forum is no more, but don't despair. A new fan-forum will soon be up and running. See the March issue of Practical Classics for details. "

to a link for the new unofficial forum. Many more old users will return if there was an official notice on the home page informing people of the "change in management"
Erm, the new fan forum that it refers to is actually this forum and i don't have access to the new site so i can't change it. The details of this forum are in the March 2011 issue though in the news pages, (page 18) so we should see a few more old faces back on here when the mag hits the shops in a few days. Come back Young Farmer, where are you?

rich.

#12 Post by rich. » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:33 pm

thanks for that admin. anyone visit the pc site anymore?

TerryG

#13 Post by TerryG » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:08 am

Hey Neil,
I assumed it was refering to this one, it would still be good if Bauer got their act together and updated their site!
and for the record, i NEVER go to practicalclassics.co.uk any more.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by admin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:06 pm

TerryG wrote:Hey Neil,
I assumed it was refering to this one, it would still be good if Bauer got their act together and updated their site!
and for the record, i NEVER go to practicalclassics.co.uk any more.
It'll be interesting to see how the stats from this site stack up against the homepage. That's all i'm saying...

Young Farmer

#15 Post by Young Farmer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:39 pm

Ok Neil I'm back! Didn't know about the new web site until last night when I had a second read of the magazine. As you probably know I sent an email to Danny complaining (not at you boys) that the site had been shut down. Probably a case of accountants knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing. In the email I threatened to stop my subscription because of their action. Well you have saved the day and I must say a big thank you to all of you who have worked so hard to get this site up and running again. Look forward to contributing again soon.
Dave

TriumphDriver

#16 Post by TriumphDriver » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:58 am

Young Farmer wrote: In the email I threatened to stop my subscription because of their action.
I think it was the other extreme with me; the old forum, which I visited regularly and on which I posted regularly, had a few posts which were getting to the personally offensive stage; not directly personal but constantly and annoyingly picking at the same area of politics and society. Even innocent and totally unrelated posts were being bent to the same old rants. I began to suspect that a few posters had an axe to grind and were using every opportunity to raise issues and make statements, which I felt had no place in a Classic Car forum. The biggest mistake is to try to explain the other side - I got to the point where I didn't want to visit the forum any more due to the totally absurd and often aggressive replies posted and I began to feel unwelcome in the forum of a magazine to which I have subscribed since 1993.
I just want to talk about Classic Cars and technical issues; if we can keep it that way I'll be happy.
My posts are for debate and discussion, I'm not The Oracle!

Oldcarnut

#17 Post by Oldcarnut » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Yeah how I found this site was to go to the "official " site and clicked on the facebook link and read down to find this.I am not a member of FB but I am a former member of the old PC forum.When I saw the piece about the new forum mention on the site, I was expecting a big feature in the mag only to read a small little piece that I could have missed :)

MG Mal

#18 Post by MG Mal » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Well if Retro Rides did'nt know of the new forum........................

They Do Now! :mrgreen:

rich.

#19 Post by rich. » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:08 am

has anyone found pete m? i think that was his name.. a car dealer in liverpool as i recall, an interesting chap...
i finally found the write up in the mag, the powers that be grudgingly gave it bit of space..

TerryG

#20 Post by TerryG » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:51 am

It took him a long time to come back after the last forum outage. If Bauer got round to updating their web page (it's not really a site any more) then he might find this. If it wasn't for a message on Facebook I wouldn't have found it!
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.