What have you been doing To-day?

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
TriumphDriver

Re: What have you been doing To-day?

#21 Post by TriumphDriver » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:03 am

Repaired a mates computer that a professional PC Clinic had given up on and were telling him they were going to erase all the drives and start over. It took me just under an hour to get it running perfectly. I repaired a laptop last month; not bad for someone with no IT or computer training.
My posts are for debate and discussion, I'm not The Oracle!

Martin Evans

#22 Post by Martin Evans » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:44 am

TerryG wrote:Now that is a seriously nice toy:
You can't leave your money in the bank and find a way of enjoying the receipt you're given (could frame it instead of the wife I suppose), but the alternative is enjoyment, your money returned when you sell it, a profit if you keep it longer, no capital gains tax and the bright ones amongst you know this already and its why I can't find any stock!
Don't happen to know the numbers for this Saturday do you :?:
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.

TerryG

#23 Post by TerryG » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:36 am

It's my turn to win this saturday, no trying to steal my 12.5 million! ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

Martin Evans

#24 Post by Martin Evans » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:45 pm

I only want enough to retire early and to buy this http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/cla ... rno/125917 or that MG. Say £2.5 M; you can keep the rest ;) .
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.

mr rusty
Location: Harlow, the birthplace of fibreoptic communication, as the town sign says.

#25 Post by mr rusty » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:05 pm

Building a hydragas pump along the lines of this one!

I got the correct schrader 556 connector from an aerospace supplier at half the price liquid levers are asking on fleabay.Handy hint....look for a 'strut coupler' well away from ebayland, ad don't usethe words 'hydragas' or 'hydrolastic' because you will always end up being led towards liquid levers and their somewhat inflated prices.

I've been watching the bay for a while for a pump and although the old Churchill dalek pumps come up regularly they're always at the wrong end of the country and collection only :cry: Liquid levers want a ridiculous amount of money for a new one so I've gone the grease gun route. The days when every garage had a pump and would top you up for a few quid are long gone, it's £35-ish a go now so it makes sense to get your own pump sorted.

With a bit of home engineering and a root through the tap'n'die box I've attached the 556 coupler to a grease gun hose and am almost ready to go...................unfortunately it didn't work because my grease gun is so ancient it leaks like a sieve,it's ok still with grease but a bit past it for fluids, and back pressure from the system on Miss Rusty's Metro pushed the fluid back into the gun. Plenty of MGF folk have shown It'll work with a decent grease gun though so I just need to buy one now.
1968 Triumph Vitesse Mk1 2 litre convertible, Junior Miss rusty has a 1989 998cc Mk2 Metro, Mrs Rusty has a modern common rail diesel thing.