Do you have any pets/animals?

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
harvey

Re: Do you have any pets/animals?

#21 Post by harvey » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:11 pm

bnicho wrote: The one on the left is named Minnie. She is half King Charles Cavalier, 1/4 Shihtzu, and half Maltese. She is six years old, sooky and lazy.........
......and very poor at maths.......
Currently over 35 years worth of fixing 35 boxes.
Hoping to reach 65 years worth of fixing 65 boxes.

harvey

#22 Post by harvey » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:21 pm

Mattcortes wrote:3 bunnies all happy living indoors the oldest of which is nearly 9
I'm glad to hear it, they make great house pets, all but two of ours have lived indoors, with trips out into the garden on nice days, but several of them much preferred to be inside and ran straight back in a lot of the time. Personally I think that people who have rabbits that are kept outside in hutches are really missing out on seeing the best of their pets. I think the oldest of ours lasted to about six, hopefully the blind boy will have a nice long (and happy) life.
Currently over 35 years worth of fixing 35 boxes.
Hoping to reach 65 years worth of fixing 65 boxes.

JPB

#23 Post by JPB » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:28 pm

harvey wrote:
bnicho wrote: The one on the left is named Minnie. She is half King Charles Cavalier, 1/4 Shihtzu, and half Maltese. She is six years old, sooky and lazy.........
:lol: I wondered about that, maybe an Australian whole contains five quarters?

There are some lovely animals appearing here.
Speaking of which; my crow's home and is sitting in the kitchen waiting for his lunch with that "feed me ya ba*tard" look in his eyes, let me see whether he'll sit still for the camera (unlikely) or flap about and pooh all over the floor before running through to the lounge and winding the cat up (more like the potential outcome).
Nope, he's not playing today, so here's a generic one to give the idea:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mattcortes

#24 Post by Mattcortes » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:11 pm

harvey wrote:
Mattcortes wrote:3 bunnies all happy living indoors the oldest of which is nearly 9
I'm glad to hear it, they make great house pets, all but two of ours have lived indoors, with trips out into the garden on nice days, but several of them much preferred to be inside and ran straight back in a lot of the time. Personally I think that people who have rabbits that are kept outside in hutches are really missing out on seeing the best of their pets. I think the oldest of ours lasted to about six, hopefully the blind boy will have a nice long (and happy) life.
Yeah completely agree. Harry the oldest was the 1st thing I bought when I bought my flat when i was 21 becasue I was never allowed one when at home lol. He is cool and litter trained so no mess. Only thing is he likes to leap about and steal sweet things or bite toes.
Matt
1962 Triumph Herald 1200 Coupe
1970 Triumph Herald 1360 Convertible
1978 Reliant Scimitar SS1
1986 Mini City
1990 Mini Equinox
1969 Hillman Imp
1969 Morris Minor 1000
Scarab Formula Vee race car
5x racing karts, Rotax, pro, 100cc and gearbox.

Martin Evans

#25 Post by Martin Evans » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:34 pm

JPB wrote:
harvey wrote:
:lol: I wondered about that, maybe an Australian whole contains five quarters?

There are some lovely animals appearing here.
Speaking of which; my crow's home and is sitting in the kitchen .....
We had a pigeon stop off at the shop for a few days during August. I feed wild birds in my garden and so brought some seed in for the pigeon. We managed to get the ring details off its leg and left a message with the people concerned. We are still waiting for a reply :roll: :!:

Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.

JPB

#26 Post by JPB » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:52 pm

:? It's a pigeon, shouldn't they know their own addresses? ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#27 Post by Mrotwoman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Some lovely animals on this thread :)
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

JPB

#28 Post by JPB » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Mrotwoman wrote:Some lovely animals on this thread :)
Yes there are! Well done for posting this. By the way, I just dropped one, did your doggy's ears prick up at all? ;)
J

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#29 Post by Mrotwoman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:07 pm

:lol:
Alas no,she is going a tad deaf in her old age.It's quite sad seeing her going grey round the chops and knowing that she's getting on a bit now.However having the puppy around seems to have given her a new lease of life :)

I was bored,and took some video of my geese on Sunday :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE48JA_lkJg

Told you I was bored.
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

Martin Evans

#30 Post by Martin Evans » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:27 pm

I saw a nice long legged Staff on the way home last night. I don't know how the long legged bit came about but long legged or not, he was just as excitable/daft as any Staff I’ve known (Ours once cocked his leg up on a man who was standing very still :oops: :oops: ). I think my bike light spooked him a bit at first but a pat on the head and he was anyones’.

This morning, the black cat called to the shop as usual. Since Meg died, we still get cats calling in for a few Friskies. There was Angus (A real character; in some ways he behaved more like a dog than a cat) who tried to move in, though Meg would have none of it :evil: :lol: . We managed to find out where he lived and it turned out he hadn’t been home for days. Thereafter, he still called round but he knew that we knew where he lived :!: :!: :!: Angus died early in 2010, at the ripe old age of 18 and waiting in the wings was “Black Job”; we’re not sure exactly where he lives or what his name is but he calls in once or twice a day and isn’t happy until everyone here has given him a few Friskies. BJ used to pass through in Meg’s time but I think there must be some sort of pecking order and he’s now much more confident than when Angus was still about.
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.