Strangest Song Lyrics?

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
JPB

Re: Strangest Song Lyrics?

#11 Post by JPB » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Yeah, Bowie once explained in one of his rare TV interviews (with Jonathan Ross, ISTR) that he "writes" his songs by scattering a whole bunch of slips of paper all over the place, each slip of paper with one word written on it, then he picks them up and writes down the sequence that the words form.

Thinking that this must be a good idea as it certainly didn't seem to have done Bowie's career any harm, I tried an experiment by doing the same.
I jotted down a couple of hundred words and mixed the bits of paper up in a small sack, then scattered them on the dining table.
This is what came out:

master tube Cortina nuts Variomatic Arizona bad three wildebeest Dixons grapefruit trinitron helmet tree sesame banana ulcers mousemat chequebook diarrhoea Peugeot Benjamin ashtrays wife roast camera unicorn letterbox weasel incontinence pamphlet gravy oak eastenders Roosevelt rechargeable galaxy cocaine department

Righty-ho then, so it doesn't work for just anyone. :(
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

chrissyboy

#12 Post by chrissyboy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:02 am

Sounds a hell of a lot better than some modern stuff..................................... :D
Eyup!

Dollina

#13 Post by Dollina » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:36 am

The Chameleons - "If everytime we tell a lie, a little fairy dies - they must be building death camps in the garden"
Pink Floyd - "I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like "etc

Great songs but tripped out!!

mr rusty
Location: Harlow, the birthplace of fibreoptic communication, as the town sign says.

#14 Post by mr rusty » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:02 pm

Damon Alburn had probably had to much of Alex James' cheese when he wrote Song 2, the one that goes Woohoo a lot:

I got my head checked
By a jumbo jet
It was'nt easy
But nothing is,----------no
When I feel heavy metal
And Im pins and Im needles
Well I lie and Im easy
1968 Triumph Vitesse Mk1 2 litre convertible, Junior Miss rusty has a 1989 998cc Mk2 Metro, Mrs Rusty has a modern common rail diesel thing.