Jokes thread

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Minxy

Re: Jokes thread

#761 Post by Minxy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:51 pm

Dear Mr. Smith,

Many thanks for your letter, suggesting your ex-wife as an ideal candidate for our new quiz show.
I have reviewed the qualities you describe of her, and agree that she may possess the attributes we are looking for in the show's contestants.

However, before we take this any further, I must point out that the name of the show is actually “Fact Hunt”.
In light of this, please let me know if we should proceed and contact the lady concerned.

Yours,

Charles Knight,
Light Entertainment,
BBC Television Centre,
London.
Never play chess with a pigeon. It will knock all the pieces over, S*#t on the board and then strut around pretending it won.

Minxy

#762 Post by Minxy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Never play chess with a pigeon. It will knock all the pieces over, S*#t on the board and then strut around pretending it won.

Minxy

#763 Post by Minxy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:01 pm

The Self-Deprecation Society is now accepting new members.

I've already put myself down.

Minxy

#764 Post by Minxy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:05 pm

More sad news for the music industry as Kanye West is found alive in his apartment....

Minxy

#765 Post by Minxy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:14 pm

I'm now 20 hours into my sponsored semaphore marathon, unfortunately I'm starting to flag quite badly.

Minxy

#766 Post by Minxy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:18 pm