Hawaii no to stereo's and 6.5" + speakers

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Mitsuru

Hawaii no to stereo's and 6.5" + speakers

#1 Post by Mitsuru » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:37 am

This is taken directly from an american car forum!!

http://www.me-mag.com/Upload/HB1178_.pdf

The new law would outlaw any aftermarket head unit, with no exceptions. It also makes it illegal if you already have one installed. So say your neon didnt come with a cd player, tough. $50-250 fine.

It also outlaws any aftermarket speakers larger then 6.5", so neons for example would be only legally allowed to put 6.5" speakers in the rear tray, if there stocks blew out.

It also outlaws subwoofers of any kind, and amplification about 100 watts, peak. It also outlaws speakers in the trunk, and having more then 4 speakers in a car.

Systems installed before the law would not be grandfathered, in other words, if you already have a system in your car, you would have to remove it, or risk getting ticketed.

Why am i posting this? Laws like this that make it in one state, spread to others. I personally like sound quality. Stock stereos can not possibly compete with a QUALITY aftermarket stereo, speakers and amps. If you care about being able to put a good stereo in, i suggest talking anyone you know in hawaii into protesting this bill, and even writing their legislature as well.
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

rich.

Re: Hawaii no to stereo's and 6.5" + speakers

#2 Post by rich. » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:23 am

they are probably fed up with hearing brudda iz's version of somewhere over the rainbow...

TriumphDriver

#3 Post by TriumphDriver » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm

"Why am i posting this? Laws like this that make it in one state, spread to others. I personally like sound quality."

I wondered that too.
"Sound quality" has nothing to do with music that I hear pounding from passing cars on a road 250 yards away.... so presumably this is a law that makes those selfish should who feel everyone else should hear their music, think again.
Some laws aren't always bad then... :)
My posts are for debate and discussion, I'm not The Oracle!

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#4 Post by Mrotwoman » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:14 pm

That's a tad unfair really,I personally enjoy a decent incar audio system,and you can't really get a decent sound without the addition of a subwoofer,and I'm not just talking about huge 18" neon-lit bass bins. I have a tune-up subwoofer under the drivers seat,small,discreet but makes a world of difference.
To outlaw subwoofers,systems above 4 speakers,speakers larger than 6.5" and speakers in the boot is ludicrous and will effectively outlaw many factory-fit systems too.
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

Mitsuru

#5 Post by Mitsuru » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:51 pm

From what I heard The one person who put it forward was forced to with draw it
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!