police camera etc

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

Re: police camera etc

#11 Post by rich. » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:27 am

the best one was when they delivered a human kidney to a hospital in london using sd1 vitesse's

sierra3dr

#12 Post by sierra3dr » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:47 am

Are we talking about new episodes? The ones I see on ITV4 are re-runs
rich. wrote:the best one was when they delivered a human kidney to a hospital in london using sd1 vitesse's
That's a good one. The part where the Transit van took a while to move out the way,and the Officer in the passenger seat wagged his finger at the van driver. It would have been sort of funny,when they get out at the hospital and being rushed,one of the Officers fumbles the box and drops it :)

FrazzleTC

#13 Post by FrazzleTC » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Toledo Man wrote:One of my faves was when a trucker was caught using his phone and when they stopped him he was breathalyzed and found to be 3 times the drink-drive limit. When they tested him again down the station he was still twice the limit! The police found cans of Special Brew in his cab.
That was on motorway cops iirc.

rich.

#14 Post by rich. » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:16 pm

i do find martin lewis very smug & extremely irritating..i still watch though, even my 18 month old wanders around the house making police siren noises when its on now :lol:

chrissyboy

#15 Post by chrissyboy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:46 pm

Isn't he the moneysaving expert? Or is it a guy with the same name?
Eyup!

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#16 Post by Mrotwoman » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:28 pm

It's Alistair Stewart on Police Camera Action,the convicted drunk driver ... :roll:
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

Luxobarge

#17 Post by Luxobarge » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:41 pm

Mrotwoman wrote:It's Alistair Stewart on Police Camera Action,the convicted drunk driver ... :roll:
That's the fella!

A face I could never tire of slapping......
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Dave3066

#18 Post by Dave3066 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:00 am

FrazzleTC wrote:
Toledo Man wrote:One of my faves was when a trucker was caught using his phone and when they stopped him he was breathalyzed and found to be 3 times the drink-drive limit. When they tested him again down the station he was still twice the limit! The police found cans of Special Brew in his cab.
That was on motorway cops iirc.
That was pretty bad really. The cops were using an artic tractor to put them up at lorry level and when they spotted this guy on his phone he just gave them the thumbs up back.

Police Interceptors is pretty good but it's much better to watch the traffic cops in action for real. I was driving to work recently an the A7 towards Edinburgh when I was overtaken by a VW Passat estate on a bend. There was another car right behind me who was annoyingly close and when he eventually overtook I was tempted to have a go at him until he got behind the Passat and the blue lights came on. It was an umarked police Volvo, quite common around here. Good to see idiots getting stopped :)

Dave
1966 Rover P6 2000 SC - in daily use and running like a dream
1972 Rover P6 3500S currently undergoing surgery
1965 Rover P5 3 litre Coupe - long term project

Aar0sc

#19 Post by Aar0sc » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Their Volvos are specially souped up by volvo's special cars divison in Sweden!
Our local rozzer used to roll about in beat up Fiestas and astras, but last year they were updated to V70s, S80s and 3/5 series Beemers...

And sudenly we can't out run them :(
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500; 1974 Jaguar E-Type OTS V12

TriumphDriver

#20 Post by TriumphDriver » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Dave3066 wrote: I was driving to work recently an the A7 towards Edinburgh when I was overtaken by a VW Passat estate on a bend. There was another car right behind me who was annoyingly close and when he eventually overtook I was tempted to have a go at him until he got behind the Passat and the blue lights came on. It was an umarked police Volvo, quite common around here. Good to see idiots getting stopped :)

Dave
I got pulled in 1996 in that area, towing half a Triumph Herald on the outside lane of a dual carriageway between Glasgow and Edinburgh, nose to tail traffic in the inside lane and me doing about 60. This car came up behind and flashed the lights - methinks to myself: "Where does he expect me to go???" so I accelerated to 70... he's still tailgating, I went to 80, he flashes again so I hit the hazards to get him to drop back.
On come the blue lights... oops. :oops:

He gave me a lecture on the Highway Code and towing trailers at speed, then advised me to get my indicators fixed as, when I indicated to pull over, they both came on. I told him I'd hit the hazards as due to the unmarked car I presumed he was some ignorant azzole trying to push me out of the way... and of course if I'd known he was Police....
He just laughed and drove away. He must have been in a good mood that day...
My posts are for debate and discussion, I'm not The Oracle!