stirling moss

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
jimmyybob

Re: stirling moss

#11 Post by jimmyybob » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:36 pm

This was the last car named after him...Nice

OOOOOps should of re-sized

JPB

#12 Post by JPB » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:35 pm

jimmyybob wrote:....should of re-sized
Eh? Seeing the whole thing fine with subsilver2, thought everyone would have been onto that by now.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

mr rusty
Location: Harlow, the birthplace of fibreoptic communication, as the town sign says.

#13 Post by mr rusty » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 pm

Sub wot???? Never heard of it! It sounds like one of those dorky games involving big guns and aliens that my boy insists on playing rather than getting out for some fresh air and exercise!! :lol:
1968 Triumph Vitesse Mk1 2 litre convertible, Junior Miss rusty has a 1989 998cc Mk2 Metro, Mrs Rusty has a modern common rail diesel thing.

JPB

#14 Post by JPB » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Subsilver2 is the forum theme that allows us to see every little bit of the image, rather than cropping it like the default does, it also put the avatar in the correct place for a nation that uses left-to-right writing and reading.
Looks like this:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Grumpy Northener

#15 Post by Grumpy Northener » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:46 pm

So - how do we get it then - down loadable - free ??? or is it top secret ?
1937 Jowett 8 - Project - in less pieces than the Jupiter
1943 Jowett Stationary Engine
1952 Jowett Jupiter - In lots of peices http://Jowett.org/
1952 Jowett Javelin - Largely original
1973 Rover P6 V8 - Original / 22,000 miles

TerryG

#16 Post by TerryG » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 pm

It's top secret!
but if you really want to know, you go in to your user control panel, board preforences and change "my board style" to subsilver2
it mean you don't get the practicalclassics logo at the top any more though.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#17 Post by JPB » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:37 pm

TerryG wrote:....you don't get the practicalclassics logo at the top any more though.
Hmm, on balance, what's more important; a forum that reads from left to right and has pictures we can actually see in all their glory, or that logo? 8-)

Yes, sorry, should have mentioned how to change the theme, assumed everyone would be able to find the right section in their user CP. :|
J

Grumpy Northener

#18 Post by Grumpy Northener » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:40 pm

John - No apology required - I, and I assume a few others are not as quick off the mark with the computer stuff - nearest thing to technology advancement when I was at school was the school secretaries golf ball typewriter !!
1937 Jowett 8 - Project - in less pieces than the Jupiter
1943 Jowett Stationary Engine
1952 Jowett Jupiter - In lots of peices http://Jowett.org/
1952 Jowett Javelin - Largely original
1973 Rover P6 V8 - Original / 22,000 miles

mr rusty
Location: Harlow, the birthplace of fibreoptic communication, as the town sign says.

#19 Post by mr rusty » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:55 pm

When I was at school we had to programme with punched cards like the old wool machines, by the time I got into sixth form it was programming with basic- as part of the maths A level course for gawds sake!!! Gods teeth it was boring :lol: I never got with it then and I still don't, I suppose computors are something that either totally absorb you or leave you stoney cold :lol: do people still programme for fun???
1968 Triumph Vitesse Mk1 2 litre convertible, Junior Miss rusty has a 1989 998cc Mk2 Metro, Mrs Rusty has a modern common rail diesel thing.

spiderbloke

#20 Post by spiderbloke » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:12 am

Yes Rusty, some people do still program for fun. They tend to prefer Star Trek shuttles to cars though, and have an unholy need to place a row of biros in their top pockets.

On the whole you're probably better off sticking with us ( although John's avatar makes me wonder :D )

Anyway, aparently a car company has named a car after me, although the nice salesman in the Alfa dealership looked shocked when I told him I was interested in buying the new "Bloke".

The person who told me must have been mistaken.
So many broken bits, So little time