Rastamouse.

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
alpinemauve

Re: Rastamouse.

#21 Post by alpinemauve » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Its difficult to critiscise Rastamouse without people saying you are racist. But the bottom line is Rastamouse is completely inappropriate for childrens TV. Why? because children pick up all the words and sayings within the program repeating them again and again. Saying 'Me am' as opposed to 'I am' and all sorts of mumbo-jumbo claptrap. Cbeebies and in particular the BBC should be consistent with their teaching of our youngsters introducing crap words such as 'Cheebies' (Waybaloo) and 'Tiddlers' (Mr Blooms Nursery) to represent children when the word they should be using to help our children learn is er 'children'

CBeebies you should be ashamed. Although I am happy to report that Katy from I Can Cook is fit!
http://www.triumphherald.com
Early 948cc Triumph Herald database

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#22 Post by Mrotwoman » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:03 pm

I grew up with the Clangers and Moomins,and look at the nonsense they came out with! :lol:

Yes,Katie is rather fetching,also Nina with her neurons.
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

Aar0sc

#23 Post by Aar0sc » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Mrotwoman wrote:I grew up with the Clangers and Moomins,and look at the nonsense they came out with! :lol:
Clangers - famously they got away with several vicious swear words when that door wouldn't shut, because they wrote a script for each episode; even though they were all going "oooooeoo dooeeeeoeooooooooooooo" :D

Snuffin and Moomintrol! :D
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500; 1974 Jaguar E-Type OTS V12

mach1rob

#24 Post by mach1rob » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Mrotwoman wrote: Yes,Katie is rather fetching,also Nina with her neurons.
No Sarah Jane tho!

sigh.... :D

CustomMoggy

#25 Post by CustomMoggy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:48 am

I was hoping my baby would grow up learning proper english! even the subtitles are slang, it aint good and it aint educational!
1951 Morris Minor split screen fwd diesel
1961 Morris Minor Ford 1.8 CVH rwd
1969 4 door Morris minor fwd diesel
1970 Morris Minor van fwd diesel
1983 Lola S2000 group C
2004 rover 75
2001 Fiat Ducato
1996 Transit recovery truck.