satellite tv

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

satellite tv

#1 Post by rich. » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:35 pm

after months of trying to get the digibox working it was ok ish, but now we have a new orange broadband/tv/mobile phone deal which is saving us between €40 and 50 a month.... problem is we have to connect it to the satellite dish for the higher broadband speed etc.. ive a choice astra & hotbird 13.. is this the same as the sky satellite or do i have to get a new dish??
im really coming to the end of my tether, id rather eat marmite, fit mini engine mounts & discuss whats classic or not than go through all this again.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

mr rusty
Location: Harlow, the birthplace of fibreoptic communication, as the town sign says.

Re: satellite tv

#2 Post by mr rusty » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:22 pm

The astra and hotbird sattelites are different to the sky one, they're not hard to find though, I managed it with my cheapy dish and freeview box. All you need is a compass really, proper installers use a meter too but i just pointed the dish the right way and moved it about a bit. Meters are probably a lot quicker though and not very expensive.
1968 Triumph Vitesse Mk1 2 litre convertible, Junior Miss rusty has a 1989 998cc Mk2 Metro, Mrs Rusty has a modern common rail diesel thing.

TerryG

#3 Post by TerryG » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:41 pm

This website has all the information you could ever need regarding setting up your dish and box:
http://www.satcure.co.uk/
I have a dish from there and a couple of boxes to get freesat. pretty easy to set it up following their instructions :)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#4 Post by rich. » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:29 am

thanks chaps!