brian griggs

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

brian griggs

#1 Post by rich. » Mon May 23, 2011 7:37 pm

aparantly hes been having an affair with someones big brother..
has he broken the law? if not i don't give a toss... feel sorry for mrs griggs.. im fed up of hearing about it.. :twisted:
rant over, im crawling back under my rock now

TerryG

Re: brian griggs

#2 Post by TerryG » Mon May 23, 2011 7:44 pm

who?
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

tractorman

#3 Post by tractorman » Mon May 23, 2011 7:53 pm

How I agree with Rich - as I see this super injunction row, it's all about the papers not being able to "out" people having affairs etc and then complaining it is of "National Interest" or some such rubbish and not caring how they affect peoples' lives when they do so.

Yet another reason why I don't read newspapers nowadays - they are only scandal sheets, obsessed with celebrity, these days and I am most certainly not interested in such things!

I'm sure there are good journalists, but I don't know of any!

rich.

#4 Post by rich. » Mon May 23, 2011 8:58 pm

TerryG wrote:who?
i dont know either.. some footballist :?

Mattcortes

#5 Post by Mattcortes » Mon May 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Cant believe it was him after seeing the photo on the front of the newspaper in scotland yesterday! The covering just the eyes made it such a shock when the news was finally broken. I do find it odd that if I was as ropey looking as he is and was still managing to enjoy the attention of Imogen I think I'd phone the paper myself so everyone knew lol.
Matt
1962 Triumph Herald 1200 Coupe
1970 Triumph Herald 1360 Convertible
1978 Reliant Scimitar SS1
1986 Mini City
1990 Mini Equinox
1969 Hillman Imp
1969 Morris Minor 1000
Scarab Formula Vee race car
5x racing karts, Rotax, pro, 100cc and gearbox.

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Mon May 23, 2011 10:22 pm

Mattcortes wrote:...I do find it odd that if I was as ropey looking as he is and was still managing to enjoy the attention of Imogen I think I'd phone the paper myself so everyone knew lol.
And how do we know that he didn't do exactly that? :lol:

There's the funny thing about these *super injunctions*; they only apply in English and Welsh law, so it was quite amusing to see the black tape all over the Scottish papers that are sold here, a few miles from the Border but in England. :lol:

Are we not allowed to say the name "Ryan Giggs" on the forum then? :mrgreen:

**- It's like your actual entry level injunction, but comes with electric windows and extra cup holders.....
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Rhythm Thief

#7 Post by Rhythm Thief » Tue May 24, 2011 5:26 am

I'm not normally a fan of the tabloids, but I heard on Radio 4 news last night that today's Mirror headline is "Naming Private Ryan". Brilliant. :D

... not that I give a f**k who he's been shagging, especially if it's some nonebrity off Big Brother.

Martin Evans

#8 Post by Martin Evans » Tue May 24, 2011 7:34 am

About third of a mile or so, from my house, is a filling station and Spar shop. Near the checkout is a magazine rack. As I wait to pay, it never ceases to amaze me, how many "Celebrity" magazines are on offer, all apparently offering the same sensationalised crap. A lot of the so called celebrities, that you see on the front covers, are mysteries to me :? ; who are these people :?: Then there are the "Lads" mags, with presumably the same non entities in them, only without much in the way of clothing :roll: . These sorts of magazines seem to make up the majority of whats on offer (They don't sell PC). They wouldn't be there is it didn't sell :!: I think this says a lot about the buying public.
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.

rich.

#9 Post by rich. » Tue May 24, 2011 6:24 pm

whos ryan giggs? he at it too? :?

JPB

#10 Post by JPB » Tue May 24, 2011 11:05 pm

rich. wrote:whos ryan giggs? he at it too? :?
:lol: :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: