Nutty rules by schools

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Mitsuru

Nutty rules by schools

#1 Post by Mitsuru » Fri May 13, 2011 12:56 am

Boy wears skirt to school in protest against 'discrimination'

A 12-year-old boy has worn a skirt to school in protest against ''discriminatory'' rules which ban boys from wearing shorts.
Full story below

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/ed ... ation.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t9ZGI3psx4[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t9ZGI3psx4

And the name for a skirt on a man in scotland is a kilt!!
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

JPB

Re: Nutty rules by schools

#2 Post by JPB » Fri May 13, 2011 8:51 am

:shock: Try telling that to Geoff Capes! (Who's actually from Norfolk, so not Scots at all, but I still wouldn't be the one to give him the news that he was wearing a skirt when he was tossing all of those cabers during his career). :lol:

Nowt wrong with a bit of experimentation though :P , good on the lad for having the balls to go through with his protest.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

TriumphDriver

Re: Nutty rules by schools

#3 Post by TriumphDriver » Fri May 13, 2011 12:11 pm

Try this one for nutty rules:
My local Police the PSNI had a uniform change a few years ago. Now they have a choice of short-sleeved open-necked shirts, or long sleeved shirts with tie. The open necked shirt MUST be worn between May and October in warmer weather, but cannot be worn in conjunction with a pullover or coat. All officers must be uniformly dressed ie all guys in a car must wear the same version of the uniform. if someone feels warmer or colder than someone else - tough! They all have to be the same.
This means that when it's warm, they all wear open-necked shirts. If they go to a road accident, they have to wear yellow coats, which can't be worn with open-necks. So: they all have to change into long sleeved shirts and ties; similarly when it's cold in the evenings pullovers have to be worn over long sleeved shirts with ties, so it's another change. It would be easier then if they wore long sleeved shirts and ties all the time and simply rolled the sleeves up as they used to be able to do; but this is no longer allowed.
It reminds me of the old Foreign Legion punishment of 'Tenue Campaign' where the Drill Sergeant shouted a uniform style and you had three minutes to change; if it wasn't correct he shouted another and off you went to change again. Given that there were a dozen different uniform styles it could go on all night...
My posts are for debate and discussion, I'm not The Oracle!