ford galaxy

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Dick

Re: ford galaxy

#301 Post by Dick » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:39 pm

Bit of an update on the fleet and another question for the tech chappie. After starting a fight on arse book about tyre pressures I thought it was wiser to ask sensible people.. galaxy has tyre pressure sensors and as I'm running the pressure slightly higher than normal (car is usually overloaded) I'm about 0.1 bar difference between the two.. for some reason the sensors have decided to complain.. would the difference cause problems?? Apart from a gallon of petrol and matches is there a cure??
As for the truck the company sent me the axle un repaired.. so after a couple of months of searching for a s/h replacement a company near Nice said they had everything to repair it ... cue a 1980 km round trip in 24 hours to drop it off.. on arrival the owner said he would have it fixed in a couple of weeks.. 5 months later I'm still waiting.. delay by lack of parts and the mechanic has gone on the sick.. so if anyone wants to buy a Renault, please don't :evil:

Dick

Re: ford galaxy

#302 Post by Dick » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:43 pm

Update! Another 2000 km round trip to nice for my axle galaxy was going well, standing in for truck and family car, apart from the mysterious oil leak.. last night after collection no1 daughter from football and 3 minutes from home all the wild boar in France decided to cross the road.. at 40mph I missed all but a fully grown female.. front bumper is forked and the front parking sensor is having a nervous breakdown.. on a stretch of straight road with my hazards visible for miles an off duty fireman bollocking me for forgetting to put up the poxy warning triangle.. miss piggy was loaded into a mates van and will be in the freezer tonight..