ford galaxy

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
JPB

Re: ford galaxy

#291 Post by JPB » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:44 am

Ah yes, "ask a kid" would have been my next suggestion. :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#292 Post by rich. » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:21 pm

:lol: daughter no2 showed me how to work the wiii machine when she was 4 :oops:

TerryG

#293 Post by TerryG » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:49 pm

Surely to have kids you needed to know how that works first ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#294 Post by rich. » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:02 am

thats why we got it after we had kids :lol:
im still no good with computer games :D

JPB

#295 Post by JPB » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:20 am

rich. wrote:...
im still no good with computer games :D
You're not alone that way, Rich. According to various news stories, even otherwise sensible adults are quite literally falling off cliffs as they play the latest game to take the place of common sense; "Pokemon Go" which, from what I can gather, is a wee tiny bit addictive and can kill the players. I'm more of a solitaire man myself, that's a much safer game. Strangely though, solitaire has been banned at work since Windows 98SE was a nipper, yet no such proscribed status troubles players of the Pokemon thing. Go figure.

Just search for "Pokemon Go-related fatalities", it's truly amazing that these people lived as long as they did, I'd have expected them to be murdered by strangers with sweets years ago. :|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Penguin45

#296 Post by Penguin45 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:23 am

Consider: The younger generation which is complaining vociferously that the older generations have destroyed their future by voting to leave Europe is the generation running around chasing imaginary monsters......

P45.

rich.

#297 Post by rich. » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:48 pm

at least they are getting out & excercising :lol:

Dick

#298 Post by Dick » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:27 pm

While the site is working I'd better give you all an update.
After many years of service/abuse as a works van, family transport and general shed the front brakes started to rattle. After greasing the slider pins and impossible to replace them I fitted some shorter ones.. it took away the rattle for a while, so the vacuum assistance started to vanish on the odd occasion causing several brown trouser moments.. the caliper started rattling again but this time touching the wheel .. After 315000 odd kms last September I traded it in for a 2015 galaxy 1.6 diesel from a garage that makes Arthur daily seem to be the most honest man on the planet.. It gets me where I want though as its fitted with the Peugeot engine I'm sure the electrical pixies that live in my Renault mascott have set up home there too..
Talking about the Renault, since the engine faults were fixed its been pretty reliable until the beginning of January when the diff started making clicking then a bang.. After much searching I asked a local engineering company if they could help, rang and visited .. told to remove the axle, and they would repair it for €1200 ish
When I arrived the guy I'd seen 2 days before said, "no we don't touch those "
After a bit more searching Renault trucks quoted €5.800 ish... Internet search found a company that would recondition for €3200 including transport... much checking and fingers crossed a van with tail lift turned up and took it on its holidays to Spain... After a few weeks we contacted them to find out not only had I forked the planet gears? The bearing carriage was in a bad way too... since the covid thingy parts are hard to get, so I'm assuming my axle is sat on the beach drinking sangria... still while I wasn't able to work I finally rebuilt my jcb engine so it's not all bad...

Luxobarge

#299 Post by Luxobarge » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:33 am

Hit mate, welcome back!
Blimey, you've had no luck there, that's high mileage yes, but not astronomical, I'd have expected better than that, but there again I'm a Volvo owner, so more used to cars that go to the moon and back without much going wrong. That Renault sounds like a disaster too, but you will insist on buying this French stuff, ;) the electrical gremlins come as standard on these, but you were unlucky with that axle, what a pain!

Hope they all go well for you for a while..... Cheers :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Dick

#300 Post by Dick » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:14 pm

Thanks mate, it's great to have the forum again.. I can't really complain about the old galaxy it had been abused for years, even worse in the last couple of years as the jobs I'd been doing had very limited access so I only used the truck for delivering on a few runs.. at one point a tank of fuel lasted 5 months..