ford galaxy

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

Re: ford galaxy

#241 Post by rich. » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:14 pm

heres the cause of all the problems with the galaxy

Luxobarge

#242 Post by Luxobarge » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:18 pm

No mate, that's the cause of some of the problems with the Galaxy.... ;)
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

TerryG

#243 Post by TerryG » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:24 pm

And here is a list of the tools you need to repair it:
One of these full of unleaded
One of these:

Pour the unleaded all over your interior and under the bonnet, flick the match in from a few paces away. wait a few minutes for it to get going then get some marshmallows to toast. once you have eaten the marshmallows call the fire brigade ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#244 Post by rich. » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:09 am

are you chaps not keen on the galaxy then :o

TerryG

#245 Post by TerryG » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:23 am

I have driven several, they are OK. Your one on the other hand always seems to be broken. It's not even a BL Friday afternoon special.

rich.

#246 Post by rich. » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:29 am

i know what you mean mate...its quite a nice drive, i can 7 hours drive up to mother in laws no problem but we do seem to have the friday special wifey loves her car & there is loads of space which is usefull.. ive decided to replace my truck with a double cab tipper, when ive got some money & have another 7 seater :lol:

TerryG

#247 Post by TerryG » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:06 am

My brother in law has one of those. I hate to think how many tens of thousands of miles it does every year. It gets used as a support vehicle for his fleet.

tractorman

#248 Post by tractorman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:35 am

The lass across the road has a very nice Mazda something - their equivalent of the Galaxy/C-max. It looks like a nice piece of kit and seems to be a lot better than my friend's Scenic (2010 or 2012 version).

I've read somewhere (maybe here) that the Sharan/Galaxy/Alhambra isn't the best of machines - all made in the Spanish VW plant with poor quality control. Don't believe the "legendary" VW reliability thing - it's a legend based on the Beetle vs other 60's cars (none of mine have been that much better than the old Maxi was!! Twelve year corrosion warranty? Yes sir, but you pay 50% of the bloated repair cost if the car is over four or five years old (ask those with Mk5 Golfs which have rot on the front wheel arches)!

Fatbloke

#249 Post by Fatbloke » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:47 am

tractorman wrote:- Don't believe the "legendary" VW reliability thing - it's a legend based on the Beetle vs other 60's cars
I know what you mean. We bought Mrs FB's new in 2004. as a long term family load lugger. We went for VW Touran over Vauxhall zafira mainly because of the VW reputation for being bullet proof. (Also it was heavier and therefore would tow our caravan better)

6 months after warranty ran out the main bearing in the gearbox went! very expensive repair and VW not interested at all in any goodwill jestures!

2 months later ABS pressure switch failed. again very expensive repair offered. so didn't bother until warning lights on became an MOT failure. Go back toi VW and lo and behold, it has become the subject of a recall and now a free repair...they hadn't bothered sending out any letters to tell their customers though!!

And don't get me started on the starter motor fiasco!

Anyway. back on topic...Good luck with the Galaxy Rich...but you should have bought an Espace! ;)
Mike.

A Fatbloke in a Herald

rich.

#250 Post by rich. » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:36 am

i used to drive an espace when i worked as a very bad taxi driver, id rather keep my galaxy :lol: