ford galaxy

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
TerryG

Re: ford galaxy

#271 Post by TerryG » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:31 pm

I bought mine when it was 6 weeks old back in 2000. It's one of those cars I can't persuade myself to get rid of. It's been utterly reliable, not needed anything I don't conceder reasonable for the mileage it has done and always been a giggle to drive. If you are looking for a cheap every day hack you can't go too far wrong.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#272 Post by rich. » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:37 am

hello again chaps from the world of ford galaxy... its still going & is looking like a skip & needs a service.. we had the tyres changed this summer & i checked the pressures (i have been meaning to do it for 2 months) & the rears were about 2 bar & the fronts the same.. any idea what they should be?
it has 195/60/16...here is a site i found but i would like your opinions & abuse too :D
http://www.puretyre.co.uk/ford-galaxy-2 ... e-placard/

TerryG

#273 Post by TerryG » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:11 am

http://www.tyre-pressure.co.uk/ford/galaxy
39 at the front, 36 at the rear.

rich.

#274 Post by rich. » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:45 am

thanks mate! but the plaque on the car states 44 front 30 rear.. the handbook said something else! ive seen several different figures & now im just even more confused!

TerryG

#275 Post by TerryG » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:27 pm

The sticker on my car has 6 different options depending on tyre size, loaded weight and intended speed of use.
If you click that link it shows you different pressures depending on exactly which tyres you have, loaded or unloaded.
Personally I run my car on unloaded high speed pressures (as i spend most of the time with just me on board running on motorways)

rich.

#276 Post by rich. » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:03 am

the thing that confuses me is your tyre pressures are for unladen but so are the ones i have, & there is 5 or 6 psi difference :lol:

TerryG

#277 Post by TerryG » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:55 pm

I would trust the ones that are on the printed sticker on your car.
Just to confuse you, the sticker on my focus is 1psi higher for everything than the sticker on the same car but 1 year newer one of the guys at work has.

rich.

#278 Post by rich. » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:23 pm

can't they make their mind up? :lol:

rich.

#279 Post by rich. » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:53 am

meanwhile in the land of the ford galaxy the time has come for another service.. ive taken it to a chap who works for vw.. he started it up & said thats not right.. apparently there is a pulley that needs changing on the alternator.. we went for a littli spin to see the speed wobble which happens when coming out of a bend.. its going to be expensive :( driveshafts or bearings im not sure..still havent got the estimate so im saving as much as i can.

rich.

#280 Post by rich. » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:49 am

meanwhile in the galaxy the guy fixed the car serviced it & was quite reasonable on his price :D although when i tried to get parts from a company he recommended the chap was most unhelpful :? anyway, car is now fixed done 2 trips to blighty & working on the next set of problems for me to worry about (engine mount & strut top mounts) but the biggest problem is the radio is picking up static on radio 4 longwave & i have had to listen to cds or worse french radio on fm... this is a major problem, its driving me potty!! any ideas chaps?