breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
megadethmaniac

Re: breakdown truck

#61 Post by megadethmaniac » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Blow it all 2E it is then, if he`ll deliver!

TerryG

#62 Post by TerryG » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:53 pm

I think we have started a bidding war! I'm not sure if i can afford to beat MDM's bid as it doubles mine but i may stretch to €2.01 ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

TerryG

#64 Post by TerryG » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:46 pm

That looks like a soviet copy of Postman Pat's van. Jag is nice, i have always liked that shape of XJ.

JPB

#65 Post by JPB » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:33 pm

Mmm, Very much like the Crayford William (pictured below), I could love one of those.

J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#66 Post by rich. » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:02 am

as there are 3 of them you could easily make one into a convertible for sunny days & a hardtop for the slightly wetter weather....
go you know you want to :D

rich.

#67 Post by rich. » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:07 am

this has my name on it.. just need to fix mr2 & sell it.. still no luck with the alternator

http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/444278132.htm?ca=18_s

TerryG

#68 Post by TerryG » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Did you not have any luck with the cheap one on ebay? The offer to order it for you and post it over is still open if you need :)

An SD1 is a good looking car but you should really get the 3500. That way you have the option to fit a turbo to the RV8 or upgrade to a 5.7 from a corvette ;)

JPB

#69 Post by JPB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Buy the Rover! OK, so that engine is a pair of Ligier Ambra vertical twins superglued together ;) but they're a great drive. We had one through the showroom as a P/X when I was still actively getting my hands grubby for a living so naturally, we had to take it for a long test drive after we'd serviced it, just to be certain that it was all OK. During that (40 mile) road test we discovered that the Diesel reached 60 from rest faster than the bog-standard V8 petrol one on carbs did.

If anyone from TVTE is reading this and was wondering how the large number of 11s appeared on the ground in the electricity board's car park one night back in 1990, that would have been me and a colleague checking the above several times as we couldn't quite believe it either. :oops: :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#70 Post by rich. » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:36 pm

thanks again terry. i will be in touch asap...ive emailed the chap about the part but ive not had a response yet...ive done a little bit of research & mine is a 90 amp one with a 4 groove belt & round pin plug.. so rarer & therefore more expensive...
as for the sd1 ive had 4 v8s including 2 vitesse 2.6 & a couple of 2.0 which i would describe the performance as sprightly! ive always fancied trying the diesel, but she who must be obeyed said no.. she wants the traveller..