Is this forum still of use?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
AJAX

Re: Is this forum still of use?

#21 Post by AJAX » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:05 pm

Luxobarge wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:44 pm
AJAX wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:17 pm

I think with only 183 registered users this forum is going to have little dynamism to attract more users. Sad really as I actively avoid Facebook and all other social media sites.
Hmm, not sure where you get that number from, we have 1897 registered members and after the amount of cleaning up I've done I'm pretty sure that none of them are spammers. I take your point about facebook, I'm not on it either and have no intention of joining. I wonder if it's a reflection of a waning popularity (and IMHO quality of content) of Practical Classics magazine itself?
Ha, I'm sure I saw it somewhere, but I may have been wearing my beer goggles at the time! :lol:

Dick

#22 Post by Dick » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:54 pm

Luxobarge wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:44 pm
AJAX wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:17 pm

I think with only 183 registered users this forum is going to have little dynamism to attract more users. Sad really as I actively avoid Facebook and all other social media sites.
Hmm, not sure where you get that number from, we have 1897 registered members and after the amount of cleaning up I've done I'm pretty sure that none of them are spammers. I take your point about facebook, I'm not on it either and have no intention of joining. I wonder if it's a reflection of a waning popularity (and IMHO quality of content) of Practical Classics magazine itself?
Are you not keen on the mag? I stopped buying it as I was skint about 12 years ago..

sierra3dr

#23 Post by sierra3dr » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:39 pm

Facebook is alright,it is a hub for other Classic car groups.....there's a lot of drivel that you just scroll pass.

3xpendable

#24 Post by 3xpendable » Thu May 25, 2023 6:42 pm

Like others, I came to visit one day and the site was down. I tried for some time until I thought it had been closed and only thought to look for it again today. Glad it's back!
2013 Dodge Durango R/T
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.
1964 Ford Anglia 105e Saloon

Dick

#25 Post by Dick » Thu May 25, 2023 7:52 pm

3xpendable wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 6:42 pm
Like others, I came to visit one day and the site was down. I tried for some time until I thought it had been closed and only thought to look for it again today. Glad it's back!
Glad to see you found us :thumbs:

arceye

#26 Post by arceye » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:52 am

Hey Up Chaps, glad to see the forum is back up and running, and that Terry has ressurected himself :D I've not been on for ages due to life changes but then tried to pop on one day and it had gone.

Anyway, I hope to post a bit now and again, not doing a lot with cars these days as we left Scotland and came back to Lancashire to look after our Daughter who has Mental Health issues, on the upside the wife who had been going downhill for ages was taken into hospital a couple of years back where they "accidentally" found a tumour on her thyroid while looking for something else, she's back in almost full health and working full time while I take care of stuff at home :D pretty cool cos it was getting to the point she was nearly bedridden.

So, lack of space and less time means no car restorations, but my daily driver is a 1995 Mercedes C250 Diesel (non turbo) so I'm hoping that qualifies me to stay here :scared:

Having less space means I got back into my motorbikes a bit, restored a 1955 James Comet last year, and currently doing an early eighties Yamaha RS200 2 stroke twin.

Ok, enough waffle from me, I hope the forum sticks around so I can bob in now and again.

Luxobarge

#27 Post by Luxobarge » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:59 am

arceye wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:52 am
Hey Up Chaps, glad to see the forum is back up and running, and that Terry has ressurected himself :D I've not been on for ages due to life changes but then tried to pop on one day and it had gone.

Anyway, I hope to post a bit now and again, not doing a lot with cars these days as we left Scotland and came back to Lancashire to look after our Daughter who has Mental Health issues, on the upside the wife who had been going downhill for ages was taken into hospital a couple of years back where they "accidentally" found a tumour on her thyroid while looking for something else, she's back in almost full health and working full time while I take care of stuff at home :D pretty cool cos it was getting to the point she was nearly bedridden.

So, lack of space and less time means no car restorations, but my daily driver is a 1995 Mercedes C250 Diesel (non turbo) so I'm hoping that qualifies me to stay here :scared:

Having less space means I got back into my motorbikes a bit, restored a 1955 James Comet last year, and currently doing an early eighties Yamaha RS200 2 stroke twin.

Ok, enough waffle from me, I hope the forum sticks around so I can bob in now and again.
Welcome back mate - so pleased to hear the good news regarding your wife, not a subject that often delivers good news so great to hear that. Hope things go well with your daughter.

What happened to the A35?

How about posting some stuff up (including pictures ideally!) about the James and the current Yamaha project, I for one would love to see that, just as interested in bikes as in cars, I've restored a few old bikes myself over the years, including a BSA Bantam, Norton Commando 850 and Triumph Bonneville.

Cheers :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

arceye

#28 Post by arceye » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:44 pm

Luxobarge wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:59 am

Welcome back mate - so pleased to hear the good news regarding your wife, not a subject that often delivers good news so great to hear that. Hope things go well with your daughter.

What happened to the A35?

How about posting some stuff up (including pictures ideally!) about the James and the current Yamaha project, I for one would love to see that, just as interested in bikes as in cars, I've restored a few old bikes myself over the years, including a BSA Bantam, Norton Commando 850 and Triumph Bonneville.

Cheers :D
Cheers Luxo :D I hope life is treating you well. The A30 went just as we moved back down 5 years ago, I knew space was going to be short so I swapped it for a Moto Guzzi V50, which got swapped in a deal for an USA import Yamaha IT175 , which sadly got sold to help buy the good lady a little car for work, she's a Mental Health support worker which means she's all over the place in her own car. So I took on the Comet for a bit of fun, then the RS200 turned up late last year.

I'll post the Yam and James in a thread in the "Cars and Projects" section in a day or three as soon as I get chance and find / take a couple of pics :)

GHT

#29 Post by GHT » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:31 pm

Dick wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 7:52 pm
3xpendable wrote:
When you get a pm along the lines of:
"Hiya mate the PC site is working, I miss your input/abuse" :lol:
Abuse? Me? Surely not, well actually I'll take that as a compliment.

suffolkpete

#30 Post by suffolkpete » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:30 am

GHT wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:31 pm
Dick wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 7:52 pm
3xpendable wrote:
When you get a pm along the lines of:
"Hiya mate the PC site is working, I miss your input/abuse" :lol:
Abuse? Me? Surely not, well actually I'll take that as a compliment.
Welcome back! All we need now is JPB
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6