Mega barn find.... ON THE TV!!!

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
MANTAMAN

Mega barn find.... ON THE TV!!!

#1 Post by MANTAMAN » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:49 pm

Friday afternoon, 15th April, farther was asleep infront of the television (nothing new there) and on BBC 1 14:15 onwards was a program called escape to the country, this show takes people to three properties they could potential move to, this episode a couple wanted to move to Kent into a Character property and this is where it gets interesting....

The second property they where shown wasn't a house at all but an old Barn in the village of Bredgar near Sittingbourne, The barn had planning permission to be converted into a residence. they were shown inside and the plans were viewed.

They took no notice of nor mentioned the dirt covered 1930's LARGE SALOON or what appeared to be a JAGUAR XK lurking at the end of barn!!!

You might be able to view the program on the BBC website, BBC i-player i think, the program was 'ESCAPE TO THE COUNTRY 14;15 FRIDAY 15TH APRIL'
Ian Virco, Opel Manta OC area rep Beds,Herts & Bucks. owner of many Manta's and various random Vauxhall's!!!

MG Mal

Re: Mega barn find.... ON THE TV!!!

#2 Post by MG Mal » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:20 pm

From what you can see, I would say it was an XK150 rolling shell.

Very nice.

Mal.

jimmyybob

#3 Post by jimmyybob » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Here it is.

dannyhopkins

#4 Post by dannyhopkins » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:46 pm

That's just how you would want to find them isn't it. Do we know the car's fates?
1970 ROVER P6B 3500
1971 JENSEN INTERCEPTOR II\
1971 MORRIS MINOR TRAVELLER
1994 JAGUAR XJ6 3.2S