looking into having a suicide door conversion (health reasons)

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Mitsuru

looking into having a suicide door conversion (health reasons)

#1 Post by Mitsuru » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:48 pm

I might be looking into having the rear drivers side door having a suicide conversion.

Are there any 4 door car owners of similar sized cars to the mk1 Neon who either are wheelchair users or know people who are who've done this?

This is not some random question on my behalf. I walked into hospital with an infection a few months back. And the following day they removed my right foot. I do not want to change my car, but know it's never going to be the same.

So any info & images on that being done to a 4 door's rear doors please

[irl]https://youtu.be/zaor32_Ie3Q[/irl]
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

Dick

Re: looking into having a suicide door conversion (health reasons)

#2 Post by Dick » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:28 am

Sorry to hear about the foot mate.. have you considered those Lamborghini style doors that lift up out of the way? Ive seen them on 206, corsas etc..

Mitsuru

Re: looking into having a suicide door conversion (health reasons)

#4 Post by Mitsuru » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:03 pm

Lambo doors are NOT suitable for rear doors. I need to lift the wheelchair into the back of the car onto the rear seat

There are various types in the states but none really really for a similar sized car. This is a Chrysler 300c.

The opening post has a link to a youtube video that shows a wheelchair user & his 4door with a suicide door for him to put his wheelchair on the back seat.

I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!