Readers Cars needed - a challenge...

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
ScimitarMatt

Re: Readers Cars needed - a challenge...

#21 Post by ScimitarMatt » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:44 pm

JPB wrote:Any chance of seeing some piccies of the Rebel please?
:D
There are some on one of my other websites - www.reliantcars.co.uk

enjoy
http://www.scimitargt.co.uk
RSSOC Coupe Registrar
coupe.registrar@rssoc.co.uk
RSSOC Committee - Press Officer

Current fleet :
1964 SE4, 1966 SE4, 1970 SE4b, 1975 SE5a, and a slightly tatty Rebel

admin
Site Admin

Re: Readers Cars needed - a challenge...

#22 Post by admin » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:15 pm

ScimitarMatt wrote:If Neil is back from his leave by now, does he let people know who is chosen to appear in the mag or is it a surprise if one day we open it and our cars are in there? cheers, Matt
Ta dar, i'm back alright, feels as if i've never gone away...

To answer your question - i try to email everyone to let them know when their car is appearing, but sometimes i forget. But that shouldn't matter anyway, as you all buy the mag every month anyway, right? ;)

Usually i've got loads in stock ready to go, but there can be a lull over winter and i can get low, like this time. I like to balance the issues too, so i often have to hold some of them back for a few months (or longer) so i don't have too many similar cars in each issue. I'd love to get more pre-war and fifties cars in too, but these are hardly ever sent in now - anyone like to help out on that score?

It's quite funny you know, the month an issue comes out i tend to get lots of readers cars entries featuring cars that were in that issue, usually with an email that reads... ' I enjoyed the feature with the - insert car name here - so i'd thought i'd send you a picture of mine for readers cars...'

Nothing wrong with this at all, i always appreciated people taking the time to send in their cars for this section, but it does mean that i usually have to hold them back for a while so the mag doesn't get samey if you see what i mean.

Keep 'em coming though,i know exactly what it was like as when i was a reader before getting the job here i always meant to send in pictures of my car for the readers cars section, but never did. What a hypocrite eh?