Readers Cars needed - a challenge...

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
ScimitarMatt

Re: Readers Cars needed - a challenge...

#11 Post by ScimitarMatt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:15 pm

If you really fancy a Scimitar GT I've got a few for sale at the moment here - www.scimitargt.co.uk tempted? tee hee

If Neil is back from his leave by now, does he let people know who is chosen to appear in the mag or is it a surprise if one day we open it and our cars are in there?

cheers, Matt
http://www.scimitargt.co.uk
RSSOC Coupe Registrar
coupe.registrar@rssoc.co.uk
RSSOC Committee - Press Officer

Current fleet :
1964 SE4, 1966 SE4, 1970 SE4b, 1975 SE5a, and a slightly tatty Rebel

1275midget

#12 Post by 1275midget » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:57 pm

If you really fancy a Scimitar GT I've got a few for sale at the moment here
ooh. very nice, but too expensive for a poor student. lovely things though :)
1.4 K series Midget. Bwaahahaha lunacy. www.robsmidget.com
1968 Series 2A. Lunacy of a more sedate variety.

JPB

#13 Post by JPB » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:10 pm

I'd have expected 4s to be very much more expensive generally than the various later Scimitars [GTEs], but looking at those sales on the linked site, it appears that project cars' sellers are asking only slightly more for their cars than is often asked for decent 5As. Hmm..... That has me thinking. :D

I've been narrowly pipped on eBay for the last few 5A and 6/6A autos that I've tried to buy, but methinks that a 4 could be just as affordable.

Question: Was there a factory built SE4 auto?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Aar0sc

#14 Post by Aar0sc » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:07 pm

I'll send an e-mail as soon as I find a pic of me in my car :D
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500; 1974 Jaguar E-Type OTS V12

ScimitarMatt

#15 Post by ScimitarMatt » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi John,

there were only one or two factory built auto scimitar coupe's but they are convertible using parts from an auto SE5, I know a wheelchair user who had a home converted coupe which went very well on hand controls.

Just remember, the SE4 (or coupe) is no where near as useful as the GTE but they are such a joy to drive and own, if you don't want to fill your classic with luggage, kids and dogs, a Scimitar GT is an excellent and appreciating option

cheers, Matt

p.s. I'm very likely to be adding two more cars for sale on my site over the next week or so, one is a fixer upper, one is a superb show car and well worth the proposed asking price, watch this space :D
RSSOC Coupe Registrar

Current fleet :

JPB

#16 Post by JPB » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:03 pm

Cheers for the info, Matt. I thought that I'd never seen an automatic Coupé, the small number would explain why. Saying that, I only see two of the things on a regular basis, one of which is Bob's car. Seeing another on the road must be a very special experience, as it was with the Rebels.
I'm not at the stage of needing hand controls just yet, so as long as the pedals number no more than two (cars with foot-operated parking brakes excepted) then that's good enough. :D

A GTE would probably be the better vehicle for my needs though, as I could justify the purchase of an estate car on the basis that the Dolomite isn't one, and I don't plan to part with that no matter what else comes and goes. I really ought to work on finding reasons not to buy cars....... :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Toledo Man

#17 Post by Toledo Man » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:10 pm

Neil, here's my most recent purchase (which was about a year ago!)

I only gave £100 for the car but it had a short MoT & tax. She passed the MoT without so much as an advisory and I've clocked up 20,000 realtively trouble-free miles since. All I've had to do was change the engine oil and filter every 6,000 miles. I've changed the air filter and the spark plugs once. The dizzy cap and rotor arm had to be changed at the weekend due to non-starting issues last Friday. The car is pretty much as it was when she left the production line apart from a modern sound system so's I can listen to FM radio and CDs. She was named Becky II beacuse of the plate (BCK 142Y) Why Becky II? One of my other Acclaims is called Becky so this one is Becky II.
Toledo Man

1972 Triumph Dolomite 1850 auto (NYE 751L)
2008 Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 2.0 HDi Exclusive (MA08 WCL)
1995 BMW 318i (M265 PNC)
1991 Toyota Celica GT (J481 ONB)

FrazzleTC

#18 Post by FrazzleTC » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:22 pm

I'm not sure if my email sent ok, can Neil check for me?
Thanks

ScimitarMatt

#19 Post by ScimitarMatt » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:56 pm

JPB wrote:I'd have expected 4s to be very much more expensive generally than the various later Scimitars [GTEs], but looking at those sales on the linked site, it appears that project cars' sellers are asking only slightly more for their cars than is often asked for decent 5As. Hmm..... That has me thinking. :D

I've been narrowly pipped on eBay for the last few 5A and 6/6A autos that I've tried to buy, but methinks that a 4 could be just as affordable.

Question: Was there a factory built SE4 auto?
Afternoon all,

just wanted to let you all know that I've got 2 new coupes for sale on http://www.scimitargt.co.uk and am expecting 2 more very soon. Both these new cars are in excellent condition and look like bargains.

I've also redesigned the for sale pages on my site so each car gets its own page, the main 'for sale' page shows individual pages for each car for sale, and you can scroll through the adverts by clicking 'next' at the base of each advert

Click on 'Car & Parts For Sale/wanted' at the top of the home page and then you can see all of the adverts with photos. You can even subscribe to the RSS feed at the top of the for sale page to be notified when new cars are listed

enjoy, Matt

RSSOC Coupe Registrar

Current fleet :

JPB

#20 Post by JPB » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:19 pm

Any chance of seeing some piccies of the Rebel please?
:D
J