Readers Cars needed - a challenge...

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
admin
Site Admin

Readers Cars needed - a challenge...

#1 Post by admin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:47 am

Hello Peeps, i'm about to go away for a couple of weeks, so my readers cars section is being freelanced out for the next issue and i'm due to start putting together the one for after that this week. Thing is, i don't have many entries in stock as i don't get many in over Christmas and many people put their cars away over this period to avoid the worst of the salt.

If you'd like to see your car in an upcoming issue of PC, please email me a strong image of your car with a nice background, (no bins or fences please!), perhaps in the countryside etc. I'd like to show the world your car to the best of my ability, so i'm quite choosy with the images. They'd need to be quite large, (at least 10cm wide at 300dpi - but whatever comes off your digy camera at its best or highest quality will do - the bigger the better).

I'll need a few words about your car, why you bought it, any amusing stories etc, we don't have a lot of room but i'd prefer more info than not enough. I'll also need the exact year and model designation of your vehicle, and your name and address (address not for publication - we only use the county/shire).

You can include more than one car if that's what you have, as the me and my classics slot is back, but i will need some info about yourself for this section - what you do etc, plus a nice clear head and face shot of your good self... I do have a few of these ready to go, so it may not appear for a while.

There's some good pics of your cars already on the forum, so i know there are some out there. if you could email them to me direct on neil.campbell@practicalclassics.co.uk as soon as you can, i can start to put this section together.

many many thanks,

Neil

Martin Evans

Re: Readers Cars needed - a challenge...

#2 Post by Martin Evans » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:17 pm

I have had my three in there BUT I still have a copy of a "Readers Drive", which you may now be interested in :?: It has some very nice views and some include the classic car I used to "Do" the route.
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.

trigger

#3 Post by trigger » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:33 am

I've just fired you an email across Neil with the details of my Opel Kadett. :)

1972 Opel Kadett B 1.2 31S by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr
1972 Opel Kadett B 1200

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:05 pm

Now that on the cover would sell magazines! :)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

ScimitarMatt

#5 Post by ScimitarMatt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:27 pm

How about this sort of thing Neil?

I'll email you directly with a few more if you're interested, they will be quite big files though so may send them in a few emails

cheers, Matt
http://www.scimitargt.co.uk
RSSOC Coupe Registrar
coupe.registrar@rssoc.co.uk
RSSOC Committee - Press Officer

Current fleet :
1964 SE4, 1966 SE4, 1970 SE4b, 1975 SE5a, and a slightly tatty Rebel

FrazzleTC

#6 Post by FrazzleTC » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:29 pm

My email about my Rover is on its way. :)

Luxobarge

#7 Post by Luxobarge » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:39 am

FrazzleTC wrote:My email about my Rover is on its way. :)
Yeah - yours is a sweet looking car, should definately be in the mag IMHO!

The Scimitar above is beautiful too - what an excellent picture. You have a talent there sir! :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

1275midget

#8 Post by 1275midget » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:31 am

I want a scimitar now. and an ORANGE kadett.

lovely :)
1.4 K series Midget. Bwaahahaha lunacy. www.robsmidget.com
1968 Series 2A. Lunacy of a more sedate variety.

JPB

#9 Post by JPB » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:20 pm

1275midget wrote:....an ORANGE kadett.

lovely :)
Doesn't it just look so "right" that it makes one question why GM ever bothered to paint them any other colour. I've no wish to belittle the magnificence of the big Reliants, but see that Trigger, he's one very lucky fella. :mrgreen:

Orange FTW. :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Martin Evans

#10 Post by Martin Evans » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:49 pm

Maybe Neil could post it on here when posters cars are to be shown in PC :idea:
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.