7" headlamp upgrades

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
TerryG

Re: 7" headlamp upgrades

#11 Post by TerryG » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Those ones don't have a flat front, they do look like modern headlamps though. The pic on the auction is rubbish, i'll take a snap in the light tomorrow to give you a better idea of how they look.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

bnicho

#12 Post by bnicho » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:21 pm

The lucas sealed beam lamps on Minis have always been crap. I've always fitted hallogens. My Moke has the flat-front ones, but it doesn't look odd, becase the Moke has a flat front too. :lol:

The 74 Beetle's lamps are not too bad, but I will be doing a halogen conversion at some stage.
Martin Evans wrote: Once, after a week abroad, in a left hand drive car, I went to change gear on the right (And when I was out there, I once got into the passenger side by mistake) :lol: .
I've driven an LHD car for a day once - it was a Beetle. Every time I wanted second gear I'd end up winding the window down an inch instead. :lol:
Brett Nicholson
1965 Morris Mini Traveller - Trixie
1966 Austin Mini Super-Deluxe - Audrey
1969 Morris Mini Van - Desert Assault Van
1971 Morris Moke - Mopoke
1974 VW Super Beetle - Olive
2009 Nissan Pathfinder

FredTransit

#13 Post by FredTransit » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:34 pm

All out Mk1s have halogens. The sealed beam efforts are pants. The mini conversion kit works a treat.
A transit's for life, not just for Christmas!

www.a2ecommercials.webs.com