mini sprite

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
shanniegracie

mini sprite

#1 Post by shanniegracie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Can anyone help me. i have just bought my first mini project out of a container with all the bits in a box. on the side is sprite. i have no number plates only the chassis number plate. We think it is around 83 but it has drum brakes. Can anyone tell me how to find out more about it. i have emailed the british mini club to no avail. i have been told to contact a heritage
site but can not find the correct site. i am totally lost now where to start. thanks.

bnicho

Re: mini sprite

#2 Post by bnicho » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:44 am

A sprite was a limited edition Mini launched in October 1983. 2500 were made. They had a 998cc engine, wheel-arch extensions (that became standard a year later) alloy wheels and side stripes.

The British Motor Heritage Trust holds almost all build records for the Mini, so they should have at least have the build date info and dealer it was despatched to for your Sprite. They may even have the registration plate details. Unfortunately you will need to pay for the certificate.

http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/ ... -services/

Alternatively, maybe the DVLA can do a search by chassis number and has the details?

Cheers,
Brett Nicholson
1965 Morris Mini Traveller - Trixie
1966 Austin Mini Super-Deluxe - Audrey
1969 Morris Mini Van - Desert Assault Van
1971 Morris Moke - Mopoke
1974 VW Super Beetle - Olive
2009 Nissan Pathfinder

shanniegracie

Re: mini sprite

#3 Post by shanniegracie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:31 am

thanks very much. will start looking now. :D