Help Wanted - Charity Resto

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
IanWi

Help Wanted - Charity Resto

#1 Post by IanWi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi All, Im on a begging mission!!!! (Please dont ignore the rest of the post) :o

Having been a long time, classic car owner and practical classics reader. This is naturally my first calling point.

I work for a National Bodyshop chain, I am located in Cardiff. Each year, we raise funds through sponsored events for a chosen charity. This year I wanted to maximise the fundraising potential as its for a charity very close to my heart. I thought what are we best at??? Therefore, We are looking to carry out a full restoration on a car that will be auctioned next year, at a major car show with all proceeds of the sale going to our chosen charity (Cancer Research). It is to be completed voluntarily by our staff in their own time free of charge, we have secured backing from several parts and materials suppliers.

This is an opportunity for the older/experienced craftsmen to pass on their skills to the apprentices and improvers and workforce of tomorrow, before some skills are lost for good. It also raises money for an exceptionally good cause.

We have the facility, we have the tools, we have the skills and knowledge, we have the manpower,we have the backing, and we have the commitment.

What we dont have is the car!!!!!!

If anybody has an unfinished or unstarted project that they would like to see go to a good cause (Full credit and a documented portfolio of the resto) will be given in return, along with our eternal thanks. Please do not hesistate to contact me with what you have. We can make some financial payment, or a donation to a charity of your choice. Collection of a vehicle is not an issue.

Please, please, please if anybody has any suggestions do not hesitate to message me (Ian) or email to 80754.iw@gmail.com or call me on 07766 477062. All offers will be greatly appreciated and considered.

Thanking you all in advance. :thumbs: