classic valuation

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
classic chris

classic valuation

#1 Post by classic chris » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:33 pm

My insurer has just decided that i need an independent valuation for my classic policy or they wont let me have an agreed value on it. Does anyone know how or where i could get one that isn't going to cost the earth, or mean i have to drive miles. Thanks
1961 jaguar mk2, 1969 mgbgt, 1971 mini clubman estate, series 3 landrover, 1964 morris traveller

Adam43

Re: classic valuation

#2 Post by Adam43 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Are you a member of an owners club? I got one through the JEC - is it for the Mk2?
They wanted quite a bit of info and decent pictures, but I didn't have to take the car anywhere. Although I did take it somewhere nice for the pictures, but that was really just an excuse to go out in it!

JPB

#3 Post by JPB » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Adam43 is spot on there. Insurance companies invariably accept club valuations and in many cases, this can avoid the need for the photos since most, if not all, of the major one-make clubs are able to submit a report to an insurer that simply states how much you'd have to spend to replace the car with another example of the type in similar condition.

I have to confess though; it's always good to find an excuse to go out for a drive, and that was a pretty good one. :)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

classic chris

#4 Post by classic chris » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:31 am

Thanks , i am a member of JEC but coulnd't find the correct section on the web site, i'll have another look. I wish it would stop raining then i'd take her out for a run.
1961 jaguar mk2, 1969 mgbgt, 1971 mini clubman estate, series 3 landrover, 1964 morris traveller

Luxobarge

#5 Post by Luxobarge » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:04 am

I had to do this with my Midget, I asked the advice of the insurance company and they told me how to get hold of such a person.
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#6 Post by Mrotwoman » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:58 am

Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

TriumphDriver

#7 Post by TriumphDriver » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:54 am

:D
My posts are for debate and discussion, I'm not The Oracle!

Adam43

#8 Post by Adam43 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:02 am

classic chris wrote:Thanks , i am a member of JEC but coulnd't find the correct section on the web site, i'll have another look. I wish it would stop raining then i'd take her out for a run.
Looking back I couldn't find it either. I sent an email to Graham Searle of the JEC and he asked that I send the form to him with some piccies.

Good luck with the weather!

Luxobarge

#9 Post by Luxobarge » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:32 am

Mrotwoman wrote:That's easy Rick :- http://www.littlepeoplemeet.com/ :lol:
Silly boy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.