Photobucket ...

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: Photobucket ...

#11 Post by JPB » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:10 am

Rich, after I finished laughing, I had a good (?) idea!.. Buy a cheap, disposable camera from your local tourist board (or French equivalent) shop and, once you finish the roll, have a couple of dozen extra sets of prints made. Then send the copies to some forum members and they/we can glue them to our screens. I believe that the overall effect will be much the same as using flickR, which is free for up to a certain quantity of images, I have 2,832 flickR images (who knew that Anna Friel was a natural ginger, eh?) and was a paid member 'til a few years ago at which time they stopped asking for money, which was nice of them.
:mrgreen:

Here's an image hosted on flickR:

J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#12 Post by rich. » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:14 pm

thanks john, your so kind!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

RangerNeil

#13 Post by RangerNeil » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:17 am

Looks like the bean counters at PhotoBucket have done the math - belatedly - and worked out they are losing far more than they are going to gouge on the new rates. So I got an e-mail from them tonight with a "special offer" - their Premium service at $99 a year that allows for:
  • Store up to 300,000 Photos
  • Unlimited 3rd Party Hosting (Non-commercial)*
  • Unlimited Forum Embedding
  • Unlimited Sharing
Link is at http://photobucket.com/p500/?hotlinkfix=1516928810657 - apparently it expires in 7 days from today (26th January 2018)....
Neil.
Cars
1974 Saab Type 95
1963 Saab Sport

Green Machines
19xx Czech built UAZ 469
1957 AEC Militant Mk 1 6x6 Ten tonner
1974 Landrover 109" FFR Series 3

Atodini

#14 Post by Atodini » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:18 am

I got one too on Tuesday but on close inspection it's not quite what it seems.......

Firstly this is an introductory offer and will be auto-renew with as far as I could see no opt-out. I doubt the fee will still be $99 come renewal time.

Then in the terms and conditions (which took a lot of finding as they are buried deep in the US home website) if they decide that you have used your account for "commerce" then you have agreed to be automatically upgraded to the "Commerce" account at $399 per year. Agreeing to the terms and conditions means that you accept this.

"Commerce" usage includes the obvious things such as linking to an e-bay listing, but also linking to any forum or site that also carries adverts, as many forums do.

Also there was mention of penalties for early cancellation and such mentioned in the T&C's, although not specifically for this "new" account.....

A "catch penny" methinks and I won't be taking up their "kind" offer!!

I shifted all my images over to 23hq. OK, it's a bit more cumbersome to use but at least it's still free!!

John
"I thought I was wrong once - But I was wrong"...