What would you buy & why?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
rich.

Re: Yet another "what should I buy next?" type of thread..

#291 Post by rich. » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:37 am

JPB wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:58 pm
Mmm, on that arsebook page: A grey Carina auto from a 1980s year. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Too damned low but I know someone who's looking so TVM for posting.
:thumbs:

thats the one i tried to post :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and on the Vauxhall; how am I able to see pictures of it if it never was? :scared:
something to do with time travel again john??

JPB

#292 Post by JPB » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:16 am

That must be it. I've attempted time travel but the closest I came to success involved my losing a watch by leaving it on a night bus in Leeds during my time as a student there. Some kindly soul found the watch and handed it in at the bus depot and, when I called there a week or so later* to ask whether they'd had the watch put in to the lost property office (*couldn't be more precise, I'd lost my watch..), the time displayed was some ten minutes adrift of the actual time by the bus company's large wall clock. I like to think that time travelled a little, probably only from the Headrow to Chapeltown but hey, it's a start. :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#293 Post by rich. » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:34 pm

is that why they didn't pick you for the new dr who.... :lol:

JPB

#294 Post by JPB » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:36 pm

Nah, that's because I'm male, don't have a history of flashing my buttocks all over the internet and am known for being shy around Daleks. I'm sure that the new Dr Who will be perfect for the job, but can't help thinking that Anna Friel would have been the better choice!

Here's that new Who, pictured on the web, presumably during the filming of her first episode:

:scared:
I'll be watching.
Last edited by JPB on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#295 Post by rich. » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:03 am

linky no worky.. im not sure if thats a bad thing... :lol: :lol:

JPB

#296 Post by JPB » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:13 am

Oops! It was work safe, but I took the lazy option and hotlinked to it, an action rewarded by the image's owner replacing it with the link that eventually appeared. :oops:
The actual image was a very tasteful head & shoulders shot of Jodie "Dr Who" Whittaker, which extended only as far downwards as the pink bits above the greasing points on her kingpins, nothing more risqué I promise!

By way of compensation, here's another, hosted at my Photobucket page. This one was a bit cheeky, so Rupert Murdoch's face has been used to hide Dr Who's rear aspect, it's uncanny how little difference this makes to the image, thanks to Rupert for this:

8-)
J

GHT

#297 Post by GHT » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:44 pm

JPB wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:36 pm
Nah, that's because I'm male, don't have a history of flashing my buttocks all over the internet
PORKIES!
raise you.jpg
raise you.jpg (56.25 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
That last picture you posted was from your Photobucket account, I'm afraid the image has kicked the bucket, Photobucket doesn't want to play anymore.

JPB

#298 Post by JPB » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Apologies for the attempted use of humour :oops: relating to the poor saps who upgraded their perfectly functional bhotopucket accounts to ad-free, only to find that they'd also lost their upload allowance unless they paid some money to the chiselling twunts to allow the service to continue for them, here's the actual image:

GHT, I hope the payout from the bet was sufficiently high for the embarrassment involved in posing for that skimpy shorts image, now please may I borrow some of your eye bleach?
:lol:
J

rich.

#299 Post by rich. » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:36 pm

ok, now ive broken photobucket what other free sites are available that are suitable & me proof.. poor old terry wore himself out teaching me to post my pics.. is that why he has been quiet lately or is he trapped in his golf?