What would you buy & why?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: Yet another "what should I buy next?" type of thread..

#361 Post by JPB » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:19 am

Pictures of the Merc please, GHT, Just so that we can all dribble over it. :oops: ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#363 Post by GHT » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:21 am

1936 Morris Eight rat rod styled hot rod with amazing patina
:sick:

rich.

#364 Post by rich. » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:36 am

Has anything happened yet?

JPB

#365 Post by JPB » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:41 am

Funny you should say that! Yes. Two dogs just took their dump in exactly the same place on the street when I was down in Alnwick earlier. Apparently, this is a sign from the local witch and means that next year's crops will die.
Or are we talking anything car wise, rather than in local news? In that case, no. But hey-ho, I'm spending very little on myself, the houses, old radios (haven't forgotten that Stella, it's approaching the top of my to do list, I promise), watches and/or anything else that isn't clinically essential. This way, I save more money, more quickly, and that means that I can up the budget enough to jump on a shiny, ready to use example of either the Fridolin or the Reliant Metrocab. OK, so doing so is contrary to my nature and I have a reputation as a tightwad to maintain, but I want stress free and stress free doesn't come with anything cheap. Apart from old Toyotas and I'm OK for those just now, but always open to the idea of a Southern Japanese import Hi ace 4x4 auto Diesel with the rear shower room and side kitchen layout. Short wheelbase only please, the long ones catch on the path when driven from the road onto my drive.
:mrgreen:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#366 Post by GHT » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:59 pm

JPB wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:41 am
Funny you should say that! Yes. Two dogs just took their dump in exactly the same place on the street when I was down in Alnwick earlier. Apparently, this is a sign from the local witch and means that next year's crops will die.
Strange, I always thought that when two dogs shat on the same spot it meant that there's going to be a big pile up.

And on an entirely different note, I shall be at The Goodwood Revival on Thursday, are there any messages you want to send Chris, Grumpy Northerner that is?

rich.

#367 Post by rich. » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:24 pm

say hello from us, :D

GHT

#368 Post by GHT » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:28 pm

You can do better than that Rich, how about: "We want to see a letter from your Mum explaining your absence?"

rich.

#369 Post by rich. » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:30 am

GHT wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:28 pm
You can do better than that Rich, how about: "We want to see a letter from your Mum explaining your absence?"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
brilliant!!

meanwhile, john, how about
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-FORD-SCO ... 3641.l6368
edit!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOUSEBOAT/302 ... rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/custom-polo-b ... rmvSB=true