What would you buy & why?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)

JPB

Re: Yet another "what should I buy next?" type of thread..

#442 Post by JPB » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:58 pm

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I so would be seen dead in that! :scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#443 Post by rich. » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:11 am

auto, reasonably priced & enough space for a lpg kit.. your new car?

JPB

#444 Post by JPB » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:10 am

Almost.. However, needing two of the local authority's ever smaller parking spots to itself would kill the appeal of the thing as daily transport. Unless I park at the crematorium car park and take the bB from there to work, a detour of some 18 KM that would also require my leaving the tall, skinny modern in the grounds overnight, which might encourage hauntings. Apart from the logistics though; yeah, I could enjoy a bizarre Daimler hearse/pickup mongrel!
:lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#445 Post by rich. » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:28 pm

go on buy it, you know you want to.. ;)

JPB

#446 Post by JPB » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:17 pm

OK, so it appeals to the exhibitionist in me :shock: , 'cos normally, I blend right into any crowd and can seldom find my own car in a car park, what with there being so many millions of them on the roads..
Image :oops:

The Daimler fails my "Can I live in it if my house blows away?" test, whereas the Yaris-like thing in the image has a double bed, a toilet, built-in telly and a refrigerated glove hole so all I'd need would be a sleeping bag, a barrel of fresh water, a toothbrush and a 16" al funghi with extra fennel and a fried egg.
Mmm, pizza..
:drool:

Back to car stuff though, and a recent trawl through the ebay threw up this wee beauty:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daihatsu-Ter ... SwBjdaGEIc

No? :scared:
J

JPB

#449 Post by JPB » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 am

Hmm, that mini van is ideal for those who can't afford a Wildgoose, try finding either these days though!
I found another Bedford-related fillum clip:

https://youtu.be/fxu3hr_gCv0

There, that's more like the job. Suzuki SC100 indeed. Great drive, no space, no bed and the reason so many SC100s rotted away? I think that's because they came without a toilet.. ;)

Apparently, there was also an amphibious caravan in the olden days: https://youtu.be/YkKfKvv_Vks Perfect for those campsites in the Lake District, where you can end up going to bed on a field but waking up in a flooded river.
J

rich.

#450 Post by rich. » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:03 pm

JPB wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 am

There, that's more like the job. Suzuki SC100 indeed. Great drive, no space, no bed and the reason so many SC100s rotted away? I think that's because they came without a toilet.. ;)

Apparently, there was also an amphibious caravan in the olden days: https://youtu.be/YkKfKvv_Vks Perfect for those campsites in the Lake District, where you can end up going to bed on a field but waking up in a flooded river.
sc100, always been on my wish list..
& waking up in flooded fields.. we have all had nights like that ;)