What would you buy & why?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
rich.

Re: Yet another "what should I buy next?" type of thread..

#641 Post by rich. » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:58 pm

JPB

#642 Post by JPB » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:27 pm

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Damned shame that Toyota is a manual! Actually, it's a good thing because its pointless extra pedal means that no matter how much I lust over the thing, I won't be pulling the trigger on impulse! Someone will love that, imagine how good it would be for the booze run over the channel. Who would suspect the driver of a hearse of tax avoidance? :lol: It's a lot of car for the money but why on earth would someone prepare a car to that standard and then sell it without first addressing the charging fault? The alternator looks easy enough to get to, it would cost around £130 to get a split new one for the car, so why would they not just do it? Strange, but probably not cause for major concern, though a significant bargaining point IMHO.

As for the Jaguar, words fail me. I would expect a whole one for that sort of money, roof, full set of working doors, etc. Maybe it's one of those cars that the fire brigade uses to practice its metal cutting skills on?
;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#643 Post by rich. » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:37 pm

i would have thought a man of your capability would have easily swopped the manual box for a nice auto... as for the charging fault perhaps the owner had been traumatised by a mr2 alternator :lol: :lol:
the jag is... err shall i say different???? :o :o :drool: :oops:

JPB

#645 Post by JPB » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:18 pm

I like these wee Suzuki Jimny things. After all, what's not to like about a car with a face? :oops: But there's also an automatic one here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-Jimny ... 0005.m1851
and it'll be cheaper on tyres, always a wearing thing on 6 wheeled vehicles with no rear wheel steering.
Sadly, there;s no room for full sized human types in these tiny cabs, so that's a no, but thanks for the listing link..
:mrgreen:

Jag? Hmm, it's probably less fugly in real life! And then, there's the ruined Benz> To each their own, etc.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#647 Post by GHT » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Er, if that VW Polo is a bread van, what's this?
bread van.jpg
bread van.jpg (43.93 KiB) Viewed 2368 times

JPB

#648 Post by JPB » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:39 pm

GHT wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:51 pm
Er, if that VW Polo is a bread van, what's this?...
Absolutely lovely, that's what it is! The Suzuki, on the other hand, is sure to divide opinion as it's either a triumph of British bodgery at its best, or a waste of not one car, but two, neither of which would be such a bad device in its own way.
Also, how does one remove spelks from one's backside? :oops:
J

GHT

#649 Post by GHT » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Spelks? WTF are spelks? Some sort of Klingon?

JPB

#650 Post by JPB » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:39 pm

Slivers of wood from that fence I sat on while writing the previous post.. ;)

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dicti ... lish/spelk
J