What would you buy & why?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
GHT

Re: Yet another "what should I buy next?" type of thread..

#521 Post by GHT » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:14 pm

suffolkpete wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:09 am
People round here pay more that sort of wonga for a beach hut :o
Not bad for a shed! Britain's most expensive beach hut hits the market for £280,000, despite having no mains electricity or even a toilet
The cosy wooden cabin is situated on the exclusive Mudeford Spit in Christchurch, Dorset
Owners share communal bathroom facilities and can only sleep in the huts between March and October
The isolated property can be accessed by a 20 minute walk, a ride on a novelty land train, or by ferry
The same money could buy you two three-bedroom cottages with an acre of land in Wales

See here what you get for your money.

rich.

#522 Post by rich. » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:43 pm

link not working... have i broken the internets again?? :oops: :oops:

JPB

#523 Post by JPB » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:18 pm

No. What happens sometimes is that GHT makes elegant links that look good on the page, but tend not to work on some sites when trying to view these abroad.

But if you click the "quote" thingy, then cut and paste the web address part only, without the fancy formatting that GHT used to make the links work, then you will be able to read all about it, as they say in the newspaperage trade.
I have the same trouble when posting links on the American Toyota forum that I frequent, but you're not a member there, as far as I'm aware, so America must have broken it unaided? :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#524 Post by GHT » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:22 am

rich. wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:43 pm
link not working... have i broken the internets again?? :oops: :oops:
You really can't be trusted, can you? You will go to your room and a write a dissertation about the inherent problems and subsequent decline and fall of The British Leyland empire. Now if you want to see that site that you broke google two hundred and eighty thousand pound shed, you could add Mudeford Spit, Christchurch.

rich.

#525 Post by rich. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:04 am

you can get an auto box to fit this?
https://www.trademe.co.nz/1515208698

JPB

#526 Post by JPB » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:05 am

Anything is possible, apart from travelling in that short cab with my knees up round by my ears :lol: . Besides; it's one hell of a trek to NZ bearing in mind that flying isn't an option. :| Nice truck though, but if I had the months to spare for a return voyage of such length, I'd pick up another JDM rarity as NZ is a proper little hotbed of import activity.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

JPB

#529 Post by JPB » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Nice work, Rich. Nice cab, but possibly the only manual one in captivity (statistic may be inaccurate) and it's not a Reliant flavoured specimen.
On the other hand, I may have to buy a cab with a different brand name on its grille and fit a Reliant badge from my stock of such things. See if I do that, there are almost certain to be hundreds of actual Reliant ones available locally the very next day at bargain prices and with full Diesel tanks.

I did find this one though:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-cars/me ... 1283150108

Automatic, and fitted with a Toyota engine :drool: only 144,000 miles ago. Insurance company says yes and that it would add some £90 to my key policy for the year, apparently it was an actual thing and isn't a DIY lash up, it's clean, working car, but would cost about half as much up here if I could find one, but I can't, so what the hey, I'll get in touch with the seller and see what gives.
I'm not sure I can wait any longer for a Reliant one and I definitely can't wait for a Fridolin, so if buying that cab would be a winning thing to do, then let us see what happens.. :scared:
J

rich.

#530 Post by rich. » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:23 am

buy it mate! :drool: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: