What would you buy & why?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
rich.

Re: Yet another "what should I buy next?" type of thread..

#501 Post by rich. » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:23 pm

just realised it was something to do with one of those people that make me want to smash the tv.. sorry about that! don't worry he is on the list & when i am dictator he will be made to watch endless hours of canteloup (crap french tv) before being executed with spoons... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

GHT

#503 Post by GHT » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:54 am

Unusual ideas Rich, you should see some of the ideas that the humble Mini has been put to.
mini boobs.jpg
mini boobs.jpg (125.69 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
mini camper.jpg
mini camper.jpg (177.73 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
mini rv.png
mini rv.png (226.56 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
mini-stretch.jpg
mini-stretch.jpg (82.08 KiB) Viewed 1680 times

JPB

#505 Post by JPB » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:43 am

American day vans, fine beasts as they may well be, don't really arouse me these days. :|
I love that Datsun, but how dare it have a CD player! That belongs in the next century I'll have you know. OK, so in-car CD stuff has been around since the eighties, but that one's too new and looks wrong. OCD-induced rant over! :oops:

I just watched a Simpsons episode from earlier this year and am more drawn to a car like Homer's scruffy, otherwise nondescript saloon than I am to a day van that big or to a Datsun whose originality has been compromised by the inclusion of that radio! :scared: :scared:

What I do like.. Lots, is the mini Wildgoose camper from GHT's post as seen either above or on the previous page, depending upon your choice of browser and/or device. I saw one of these amazing wee things at a show some years ago and have a bit of a fondness for them. The similarly bonkers mini/caravan combination, also from GHT's post, would also be good to see in the flesh but owning either would be impractical unless I employ a chauffeur. Hmm, there may well be an app for that.
So between the pair of mini-related providers of accommodation, it has to be an actual, pukka Wildgoose please. Oh, and I prefer my chauffeurs to be discreet, I may want to dogg at some point and couldn't get a taxi to go so deep into the forest.

So to end on a high, this:

S3x on wheels, or what? Face it folks, you'd be the life of the party if you ditched the Ferrari and went to [clears throat]"play"[/clears throat] in your mini Wildgoose..

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#506 Post by GHT » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:34 pm

John before you go buying that dogger's delight, you might consider a couple of other options:
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.56 KiB) Viewed 1645 times
mini roof tent.jpg
mini roof tent.jpg (151.24 KiB) Viewed 1645 times

JPB

#508 Post by JPB » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:48 am

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Toyota is out-Lexusing itself with that V12 engined festival of wood, leather (I'd bin the skin and have the innards retrimmed in 1987-'91 Corolla Exec-spec velour, officially the pussiest ever fabric since time began, yet also incredibly durable, stain resistant, etc..) and nigh on 3 tons of clean, thick gauge steel.
Sadly, it's probably about as much use for the occasional work-related chore as breasts on a fish, but it does look pretty tall and I may yet investigate whether I could manage to get out of that sumptuous interior without needing to cut the roof off every time. What a great alternative to a 7 series BMW though, and with loads of boot space - quite possibly sufficient for a 90 litre LPG tank - that could turn out to be one for my list of cars marked "Some day, maybe?"

Good to see that the Beardmores' old kitten saloon is alive and now fitted with a reliable, Japanese engine!

And a mini pickup with a freezer and a sink, what's not to like about that? :lol:
...Apart from the odd way in which the driver's door gap is bigger at the bottom than at the top of its skin! Mini pickups had a roof and a bulkhead behind the seats for a reason. :scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: