What would you buy & why?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: Yet another "what should I buy next?" type of thread..

#401 Post by JPB » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:13 am

Rich, what was the subject of the first of these links? It's coming up with a message telling me that the link "doesn't exist", :idea: is it a voucher for a weekend away at a luxurious resort near Dallas - the one up by Kinloss, not one of the many to copy its name - with inclusive, unlimited access to a range of sporting activities such as hide & seek, pass the parcel bomb and that old favourite from South Carolina; bury the president's hair? Or is it an ironic suggestion, based around whichever sort of vehicle I'm least likely to be able to use as personal transport on account of its access points being better suited to smaller, more bendy people?
:lol:

That Benz in the second link had caught my eye a while back, it's said to be rust free, so what's causing that blistering highlighted in one of the pictures? Acne? Herpes? What? Its brutally practical "styling" appeals to my taste, or is it just severely bruised following its fall from the top branch of the ugly tree? I quite like my neighbourhood, so have no desire to pollute it with ambulances!
:scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#402 Post by rich. » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:24 am

ah! have i broken the interweb again?? it was a lhd jap import audi quattro 4.2 auto audi something .. looked rather nice!
as for the merc you know you want it ;)

JPB

#404 Post by JPB » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:00 am

That CA could do with a little spot of polish but some brave soul will take on the task. Won't they? :( I hope it ends up restored.

I see that the person selling that black thing says that there are
BETTER PICTURES TO FOLLOW
Well there's a relief, for a moment there I thought that the car was actually that ugly!
:sick:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#405 Post by rich. » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:53 am

:lol: :lol: i thought you liked that sort of thing :scared:
meanwhile you could easily fit an autobox to this..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272877978407? ... rmvSB=true
:drool:

JPB

#406 Post by JPB » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:59 am

Mmm.. :drool: indeed! There's a lot to like about the way in which a decent Picasso drives, but that one has a slight dent so I'm out.
Have they modified the bonnet? It looks different but I'm not seeing how. ;)
J

rich.

#407 Post by rich. » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:51 am

JPB

#408 Post by JPB » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:50 am

Now that's pretty! :thumbs:
J

rich.

#409 Post by rich. » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:35 pm

i thought someone would appreciate quality.. ;)
how about
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-DS-Am ... rmvSB=true

JPB

#410 Post by JPB » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:24 pm

By 'eck man, you're picking some cracking cars here, and am I alone in thinking that the loft conversion on the DS actually makes the car even better to look at?

However, if anyone could perhaps fake up an artist's impression of a Metrocab - Reliant badged variety - with a similar extension to its roof, that would really help me to get the Stella radio sorted before one of us dies!
:lol:
J