What would you buy & why?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)

JPB

Re: Yet another "what should I buy next?" type of thread..

#312 Post by JPB » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:25 am

Looks like I might have found my Fridolin then! :mrgreen:
What on earth were you looking for when you found that tiny toilet?
Liking the radio, it should be worth restoring and it reminds me that I promised to get the Stella out and see what's needed to get that ready for its future life in France. I haven't forgotten, really I haven't, but life has been getting in the way and I've barely spent five minutes at my own place since May. :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#313 Post by rich. » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:58 am

JPB wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:25 am
Looks like I might have found my Fridolin then! :mrgreen:
What on earth were you looking for when you found that tiny toilet?
Liking the radio, it should be worth restoring and it reminds me that I promised to get the Stella out and see what's needed to get that ready for its future life in France. I haven't forgotten, really I haven't, but life has been getting in the way and I've barely spent five minutes at my own place since May. :oops:
welcome to my world mate...yesterday it was new year & now its the end of july.. :? :? :? i was looking for a fridolin honest!! i saw that & thought you would appreciate that selection mate

JPB

#314 Post by JPB » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:59 am

Too right! After all, a small scale model of something I really want is better than not having one at all. With the possible exception of the Action Man parachute..
:scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#315 Post by rich. » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
what are you doing with a parachute??

JPB

#316 Post by JPB » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:34 pm

Nothing I hope, but I've been seeking one for my "what if?" cupboard, which exists to house the things that shouldn't be needed but are there just in case the big waves come just that wee bit further up the back garden, now that Greenland is melting and heading this way.
Apart from the parachute, which won't be much use against a large volume of sea water but will be there in case I'm ever abducted by aliens and have to find my own way down from their spaceship. I also have a gas mask, some chloroform and a large tin of travel sweeties.
J

rich.

#317 Post by rich. » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:38 am

just the basic essentials then... no shotgun on the list? :o

JPB

#318 Post by JPB » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:20 am

Certainly not. I find a pneumatic bait catapult much more practical and that doesn't need a licence. Also, have you ever tried firing dog biscuits at people with a shotgun? Thought not! ;)
J

rich.

#319 Post by rich. » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:25 pm

JPB wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:20 am
have you ever tried firing dog biscuits at people with a shotgun? Thought not! ;)
why?? if i want to wound/kill someone i find lead shot is ideal :D
hoping to get my french shooting permits soon... mmm bambi for lunch :lol:

JPB

#320 Post by JPB » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:42 pm

French shooting permits eh? Can UK residents get these and how many French - per day - are we then permitted to shoot? :P
J