What would you buy & why?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: Yet another "what should I buy next?" type of thread..

#731 Post by JPB » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:48 am

The ad has now been taken down, so I don't know what flavour of car it related to, but maybe it was an ex taxi? ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#732 Post by rich. » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:46 pm

2003 audi a4 convertable... room in the back for most of the kids :lol: looks likes its sold..
that suits me wifey was cross when i said there was room for her in the boot... ;)
meanwhile this tickled your fancy john & i think its getting cheaper
https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/14423 ... m/?ca=18_s

JPB

#734 Post by JPB » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:16 pm

:mrgreen: :idea: Hmm, if only a trusted forum member - whose residence is in that France - could go and take a look at the Honda & check the working of its CVT, its structural condition and whether all of the more basic stuff is OK, then I could consider having a cheeky offer on that. If it's already registered in an EU country, getting it legal here would be even simpler.
Rich, can you think of 'someone" to go Honda viewing on my behalf, maybe in exchange for a certain 1950s Stella radio set that I haven't forgotten about, plus any reasonable costs for the time, etc. Please tell me that the Honda lives a matter of yards away from your home!

It's a darned shame that the Mitsubishi bus is a manual, that's only a couple of hours away from my place.. :drool:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#735 Post by GHT » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:13 pm

JPB wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:16 pm
maybe in exchange for a certain 1950s Stella radio set that I haven't forgotten about
Why are you so taken with modern technology? Tell me, what's wrong with what was? !950's? Why that's only yesterday.
steam record player.jpg
steam record player.jpg (20.54 KiB) Viewed 2171 times

rich.

#736 Post by rich. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:23 am

JPB wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:16 pm
:mrgreen: :idea: Hmm, if only a trusted forum member - whose residence is in that France - could go and take a look at the Honda & check the working of its CVT, its structural condition and whether all of the more basic stuff is OK, then I could consider having a cheeky offer on that. If it's already registered in an EU country, getting it legal here would be even simpler.
Rich, can you think of 'someone" to go Honda viewing on my behalf, maybe in exchange for a certain 1950s Stella radio set that I haven't forgotten about, plus any reasonable costs for the time, etc. Please tell me that the Honda lives a matter of yards away from your home!

It's a darned shame that the Mitsubishi bus is a manual, that's only a couple of hours away from my place.. :drool:
from what i understand the chap imported the car from japan direct ..its still on japanese plates! i think he found out about the trip to utac etc for french registration after... i have a feeling the chap is english i will ask.. its a 320 km round trip for me.... ;) have you planned your holidays yet?

rich.

#737 Post by rich. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:51 pm

he's not english..... google translate to the rescue :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rich.

#738 Post by rich. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:53 pm

meanwhile ive found this.. dodgy window motors & its from mr number plates are far too personal to show...
https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1441346199.htm/ :lol:

edit
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-3-Lit ... rmvSB=true

JPB

#739 Post by JPB » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Austin 3 litre auto with PAS! Oof! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

So matey with the Honda has imported it unofficially and now doesn't know what to do with the car? I'll give him a grand for it if the deregistration paperwork is all present and correct, fifty quid ;) if not as that's where many privateer importers fall flat on their bottoms! :lol:
But I could deal with that as it's not too complex and would only charge the vendor my usual £85 per hour to get it legal..
:mrgreen:

Lookie here, I could accommodate a third small JDM motor on the drive at home:

Maybe I'd need planning permission for the Honda though, as it's not the same colour as the daily drivers. :scared:
J

GHT

#740 Post by GHT » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:57 pm

JPB wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:47 pm
Austin 3 litre auto with PAS! Oof! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
One thing John, you are consistent. B/L's finest. The motoring press dubbed it The Squint Eyed Pig when it first appeared but with your aesthetic bypass you wouldn't appreciate that. The advert calls it an Austin-3-Litre-1971-Automatic-Austin-Westminster-Wolseley-6-110-Vanden-Plas-MGC.
So it's an Austin, a Wolseley, a Vanden Plas & a MGC. They forgot The Maxi. Look at the passenger cell and you will see your beloved car. I do worry about you sometimes. drooling over the squint eyed pig.