What would you buy & why?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)

JPB

Re: Yet another "what should I buy next?" type of thread..

#93 Post by JPB » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:43 am

Hmm, nobody over 5'9" ever managed to get inside the Beardmore Bros' old kitten! It was built around its original Rover V8, which was solidly mounted with the block forming part of the car's structure, but its time with a Lexus V8 under the bonnet was when it was at its best. Now there's no engine so maybe a kitten register member will buy it and refit the factory 850cc engine? :lol:

Regarding the pickup.. Actually, scrub that, I don't. :x

I had to ask someone else to check the listing for that MK1 Cortina as I didn't believe that it was real. Amazingly, it is. Poor old thing, shame it didn't survive the eighties without the mutilation. ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#94 Post by rich. » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:37 pm

id have thought yo might fancy that auto union van thing.. meanwhile i am sure this (or something like it) could be modified to suit your requirements :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MILK-FLOAT-Ra ... true&rt=nc

JPB

#95 Post by JPB » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Someone else must have liked the milk float. I can't have it now 'cos it's sold. :lol:
Auto Union? I missed that, hang about.. :shock: Ooh! That's a lovely thing and no mistake. I just love the way the headlamps stay where they are when you open the bonnet, that's as mad as a balloon and if it were any use to me I'd snap that up were it not for the fact that the seat looks about right, the floor seems quite low to step over and it's cute & has a freewheel BUT.. Some muppet had to wreck the design by mounting its pedals high up and on a near vertical surface. But the way it looks and that it exists are things that excite me.
:ugeek:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

TerryG

#96 Post by TerryG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:02 am

Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#97 Post by JPB » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:20 am

Yep, that's the Cortina Rich suggested. Seeing it once was distressing enough, but now I may need some time in an institution to recover. :idea: Unless, GHT, any chance of borrowing your eye bleach please?
:P
J

JPB

#99 Post by JPB » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:14 pm

:mrgreen: Oh dear! It was a Volvo estate. Nothing wrong in that as such - apart from the weird rear suspension of that type - but when you said that I'd be able to live in the item, I was expecting a luxury motorhome, like this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMERICAN-MOTO ... SwmgJY35ni
this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/motorhome-Mer ... Sw4CFY5R-2
ideal for you, Rich, as the owner will take a JCB in part exchange and I don't have one of those.. :lol:
Or maybe the ultimate in motorised glamping, but also useable as a car and at least with this one, I wouldn't have to readjust when changing between vehicles:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Sparky ... Sw241YfHkO

I wonder, how does one use the toilet in the Mercedes? There would appear to be a basin where the occupant's upper body and head should be? Maybe only suited to those who've had their head amputated? Not that it matters as that one also appears to have three pedals. Shame that, I rather liked it and no, it wouldn't be practical as a daily but I'm finding it difficult to find anything that ticks all the boxes, so might have to compromise! :oops: ;)
J

rich.

#100 Post by rich. » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:25 pm

john, this is the car for you! at the price you will have to live in it though..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Delahaye-v8-M ... rmvSB=true