Zagato exhibition in Basel

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
DavidHo

Zagato exhibition in Basel

#1 Post by DavidHo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:29 am

I've recently been to this exhibition of Zagato cars at the Pantheon, in Basel, Switzerland.
http://www.pantheonbasel.ch/de/museum-s ... agato.html - get Google to translate it!
and wondered if anyone wants more info.

Obviously its not worth a trip in itself, but if you are passing through and can combine it with the slightly-bonkers
Fasnacht in early March, it might be worth a look-in.
The Zagatos are mostly Alfas and Lancias obviously, with a couple of Astons.
The rest of the place has a mix of mostly Italian and British. One unusual/interesting car was this Graber Bentley.

JPB

Re: Zagato exhibition in Basel

#2 Post by JPB » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:48 am

That's one handsome old thing. It's almost compact by Bentley's typical period standards!
:)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

DavidHo

Re: Zagato exhibition in Basel

#3 Post by DavidHo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:53 am

Looking through my photos again, there was a MG Arnolt in the workshop which I couldn't get a good photo of, but it was in their book of previous exhibitions. Very pretty and a generation away from the car on which it was based.